Red face Obama Visits Us
    I watched the arrival of Obama here in Canada yesterday and it was without doubt quite an event here in Canada. I was amazed at the crowds that gathered outside in the cold to get a glimpse of him.
    He has a warm smile that gives one the feeling that this man is a people person. I as a canadian wish this man great sucess and it's to bad he is walking into this economic mess.
    http://www.ctv.ca/gallery/html/Obama...9/photo_0.html

Wow. What a sight to see. No wonder he is so charismatic even the non-americans are hooked to his charisma .... including me

Try not to laugh too hard, but I thought you meant Obama visited ABW! I think I need a cuppa java!!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

"Obama visited ABW"
    lol

Is nice to see our President visiting a foreign country (altho, you guys don't really seem foreign to me, you're soooooo close. ) and be warmly greeted by crowds. Here's to a very cordial and mutually beneficial relationship to come for us.

pssssst.....he has awfully good taste in clothing, too I must add. Looks like a kinda purply maroony scarve he's wearing. Definitely approve. Lookin very dapper indeed

Tax Paying Member
    I did not get that kind of attention when I visited Canada ........................But I am glad that he did..

Canada is not a foreign country............It is more like family living in the same house.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

now that is a REAL president. He actually carries cash with him unlike some others.....

and he buys his own gifts...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I wonder if now that he's President, whenever he returns from a trip, he'll still hear that age-old chorus of children everywhere, "DADDY, WHAT DID YOU BRING ME?"

Well that's how it worked at our house anyway. I was easy. If my Dad brought me a box of Chiclets I was thrilled to pieces.

http and a telephoto
    I wonder if he has to go through Customs and Declare what he bought
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I wonder where he got the cash? He must have a job that is fairly secure for the next few years. I hope he was not buying Cuban cigars and hoping he could get them past customs. Nice wad of bills though!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I wonder if he has to go through Customs and Declare what he bought
    I wonder if he was photographed and finger printed by our immigration officers like I was the last time I was passing through the US... Yes, they do that to us Canadians now too. (it's pretty humiliating and big-brother-esk)

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread. I live in Ottawa (where he visited). It's a small city of just under 1 million. Ottawa is the capital of Canada so we are used to official visits from foreign heads of state but it is always a little more intense when the US President is in town. It was an experience having helicopters in the air and police every where. It isn't something I would want to have to live with on a daily basis.

Here's hoping that the good-will between our countries will be getting, well "gooder".

Well at least Obama acts and looks like an everyday guy. I think it is important to have this kind of person as President.People believe there is somebody there who understands them.

If that's the case, then he seems to be understanding people's desire to have:

their country taken even deeper into a bottomless pit of insurmountable debt,

the real spectre of hyper-inflation,

the end of our pretense of being a free market economy (especially if banks get nationalized),

a travesty of common sense economics heaped upon them.

DOn't get me wrong. I like Obama. I like a man that can speak in complete sentences at the helm of the ship.

Not a fan of any policies so far, other than declaring 'torture is bad'.

And I, too, wish he visited us here at ABW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-VendoQ
    Well at least Obama acts and looks like an everyday guy. I think it is important to have this kind of person as President.People believe there is somebody there who understands them.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    now that is a REAL president. He actually carries cash with him unlike some others.....

and he buys his own gifts...

this is such an obvious political photo opp, but ok

Quote Originally Posted by joshtck
    If that's the case, then he seems to be understanding people's desire to have:

their country taken even deeper into a bottomless pit of insurmountable debt,

the real spectre of hyper-inflation,

the end of our pretense of being a free market economy (especially if banks get nationalized),

a travesty of common sense economics heaped upon them.
    That is "good debt" because it is made for growth. This crisis has prooved that economy should not be that "free", and former "common sense economics" needs new rules.

[Moderator Note: Let's not argue politics or we'll have to shut down the thread.]

I strongly oppose virtually all of his policies, but I can certainly agree that he is a charismatic, well spoken, intelligent, likeable person.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    [Moderator Note: Let's not argue politics or we'll have to shut down the thread.]
    Too late - it's already there.

Nice photo, by the way...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread