Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Florida Unclaimed Property Website Legit?
    I got a letter in the mail from "National Claims Recovery Service" a few weeks ago and ignored it. I got another letter yesterday that said I had some unclaimed cash property in FL, my former residence. It's one of those that will get your money for you for a small fee. If I do actually have unclaimed money, I certainly don't need to pay this company to claim it.

I decided to search for "Florida Unclaimed Property" and found the website listed below. When I searched that site for my name, I found the same cash property as listed in the letter. My thoughts are that I was expecting the Florida Unclaimed Property website to have a .gov or a .fl.us domain so I am unusure of the validity of the site listed below.

http:// www. fltreasurehunt. org

They must be the middlemen so in it for $$

http://www.miamiherald.com/419/story/143480.html

Based on that article, the website appears to be legit. I am still cautious since it requires you to provide your SS# to claim your property.

There are two email addresses on the domain registation, one points to an address at fldfs.com, one to dfs.state.fl.us. Those are both government bodies in the state of Florida.

The domains was registered in 1999, and the IP address indicated that the server is located in "United States Tallahassee Florida Department Of Insurance".

I guess if you registered it today you would want a .gov or .fl.us address to make it look genuine, but back in 1999 there weren't so many fraudsters out to get your money!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The official United States Postal Service website is a .com.

(usps dot com)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks for the info. I am not as worried anymore.

Tax Paying Member
    I would suggest contacting these folks direct,
    "Florida Department Of Insurance"

My wife did this in NC, no middle men, direct to the state insurance department,...........picked up a couple of hundred dollars.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Florida Info
    If you, or anyone else here needs the Florida Unclaimed Property office I have listed the contact info below.

For your information the first launch of their unclaimed property website was originally through the state.fl.us website, but they decided to change this. Why did they change, I do not know but they did. You can probably shoot them a call and find out yourself.

Good luck to all and happy hunting!

Department of Banking & Finance
    Bureau of Unclaimed Property
    101 E. Gaines Street, Fletcher Building
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-0350
    1-888-258-2253 (toll free within Florida)
    1-850-410-9253 (outside of Florida)

In Missouri, the state treasurer's office lists unclaimed property two or three times a year in local newspapers and on their website.

I doubt you'd need to use a third-party site to get unclaimed property from Florida. Suspect the third-party site's in it for the fee.

If it were me, I'd go directly to the state of Florida website and search for "unclaimed property" -- or I'd use the contact information above from "unclaimed3" and pursue it.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Thread is almost 5 years old.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Thread is almost 5 years old.
    It's a slow day............
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread