question about rss feed
    I would like to start offering RSS feed(s) on my new Joomla website. However, my website is not a blog in the sense that new articles aren't added every day. I just want to offer/encourage the use of RSS for news updates which might occur once a week or so. But the goal with the RSS of course is to make sure everyone that wants my announcements gets them.

My questions about Feedburner:

1) Is it ok to use Feedburner for my RSS feed if I'm not adding content so often? In other words, how often will the feed update? I wouldn't want the same news to keep getting syndicated over and over or something like that.

2) The readers statistics widget: How accurate is it? Is there some other service that will tell me how many people are reading my RSS feed?

NO MANUAL SIGS
    Last edited by Adam Ward; February 21st, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Read the TOS

http and a telephoto
    Feedburner doesn't care how often you update your site, it just pulls the new posts when you add them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Blackjane, in case you didn't notice, you have had your signature removed from your posts, please don't keep manually adding them, it is against the terms of service here.

Also, I changed the title of this thread because it isn't actually about "blogging" but it is about using joomla's rss feed with feedburner. Accurate thread titles will get you better responses
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    If Feedburner can burn your feed, go for it! I have at least one site that it wasn't able to work on for some reason or another, but find that it works well with WP blogs and SMF forums.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread