I came across this quote on another forum today:

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

I posted it on my own, and got this response:

“Mr. Olson's statement is as true today as it was then. I've often been tempted to remove my computers from my home via the window!
    The difference between want and need now, that's another story...”

It really got me to thinking, do we really want them in our homes, or just need them in there?
    How about you?

Ron Martin
    Success Dynamics, Inc.
    Honolulu, Hawaii

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business

I work in lounge pants

Just Lurking
    My computer had a hicup the other day thought I was having the big one. My data was pass before my eyes, everything was spinning, spinning .... thankfully it came up on the second try. Whew! Close call.

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

New Jersey
    For the general population, computers are becoming a necessity. For a basic example, many elementary school teachers are now requiring typed and fully formatted book reports, assignments etc. and some even expect it in full color with photos! Kids are now required to use the internet for homework. (Just took care of a huge percentage of the U.S.) Additonally some banks are offering incentives like higher interest rates etc if you move to an online banking account and do all your banking including paying bills online. I know that my cell phone company, Verizon Wireless, stopped mailing a detailed bill every month and now they simply write on the paper bill "Login to your account online to see your detailed bill." Then you have the shopping aspect of being able to buy without leaving your chair! (Works wonders for me!)

All in all, I NEED my three computers, my router, firewall, dual DSL 1MEGABIT lines and... well ya get the point

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>
    CJ/11%/120 days