Affiliate Manager
    Hi All,

I was hoping to get the opinion of some affiliates about how to seperate the sign up process between our upcoming CJ account and our internal affiliate account.

Quick background; our internal program has mostly been used by managed service providers and consultants that are signing up end customers themselves. There has never been a proper banner or txt link program with tracking. Though this program has had marginal success, there has been a large demand for a proper PPS program with our products. This is where CJ will come in for our company.

My question revolves around where to post the sign up process for CJ on our company website. I'm throwing around a couple ideas.

1. Affiliate landing pages describes both affiliate programs, and allows you to sign up for them independently.
    2. Advertise all the features of both programs and once you sign up for our internal program, you'lle have access to sign up for CJ through our internal control panel.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this, thanks in advance everyone.

http and a telephoto
    Do you only want publishers that are in your internal program to be in your CJ program? If not, you will want option 1.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Loxly.

The answer to your question is no, we do not require CJ affiliates to be in our internal program as well. From a business perspective, it would help to grow our internal program, but I feel it would mostly be a hassle for the affiliate that is purely interested in the CJ program portion. The last thing I want to do is start new affiliates with a bad taste in their mouth.

Question
    you have no interest in revamping the internal program with banners/links with tracking?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Intermedia_Chris
    Thanks Loxly.

The answer to your question is no, we do not require CJ affiliates to be in our internal program as well. From a business perspective, it would help to grow our internal program, but I feel it would mostly be a hassle for the affiliate that is purely interested in the CJ program portion. The last thing I want to do is start new affiliates with a bad taste in their mouth.
    Exactly. Most won't go through the process to join 2 programs, and would be scratching their heads wondering why you made them. They will just leave.

Some affiliates prefer inhouse programs, but they need to have proper creatives and tracking, others prefer the safety and security of a network. But again you need proper creatives or that won't work out either. And "creatives" doesn't just refer to banners.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    All great advice thanks! I would love to rebuild the internal program but our dev team is tied up and it would easily take 6+ months at this point.

The other issue is that we really have to major types of affiliates. One group may better be labeled "Resellers" as they sign up customers themselves and continue the relationship as a consultant. This group looks for the recurring commission model and rarely uses banners or other creatives.

The second group, the true "Affiliates" is the group we have failed to reach, hence the planned CJ program. I think the answer it to keep the signups completely separate and explain the programs upfront not to waste the affiliates time. Separate landing pages would help distinguish marketing campaigns then as well.

Thanks again for all the advice, this forum rocks!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread