Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It's going to happen. I'm going to end up frig*n rich! From my own efforts, too. I am going to have more money than I need or really even want. (That's rich.)

I don't know how to be rich. I can see it coming. I don't know what to do. Should I run? What's happening to me? Why are all these people sending me money? I'm scared.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    You were predestined for this. I saw it in the tea leaves, but decided not to tell you it was going to happen as I did not want to interfere with the natural course of events.

-----------------------------
    "...I'm a veteran of a thousand psychic wars..." - Blue Oyster Cult (Heavy Metal Soundtrack)

ABW Ambassador
    I don't want you to be scared and am willing to help you out. I'll PM you my home address and you can send me any extra money you don't need

I work in lounge pants

I may be scared, but not so much so that I am adled.

Really, it is a big change for me and I am not at all used to the idea that I can actually SPEND it. But, I find that there is nothing I really want so that is a big disapointment.

I guess I could get a better car, but I like my old one fine so what's the point of that? I guess I will move to a bigger place, but I just sit at the computer anyway so why bother? I bought a ton of clothes but, I don't go anywhere so they still have the tags on them. I took my laundry out and had the lady do them which I liked. I also ate out a few times and that was OK.

I saved over $7,000 last year which I have never done before.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

TrustNo1: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'll PM you my home address and you can send me any extra money you don't need <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I second that!

Also I wonder if you've got some coattails to ride on? I have small feet honest. Hey look at all the millionaires Bill Gates made.

BradleyB

Nothing to it. Just make the danged pages.

Once you get the hang of it, it's like knitting.

Just do the same thing over and over again.

The secret is to find a method that works for you and makes you money. Then do it a few thousand times. When you're done repeat as necessary.

Made a 31 page site on a new domain yesterday. Probably will make another one tomorrow.

Today, I got together Valentines Day products. Just make the danged pages.

ABW Ambassador
    Invest that money. Don't spend it all.. you'll probably regret it.

If you are that rich, you can live off the interest in comfort without ever having to work for anyone. Make your money work for you.

Congrats!

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

ABW Ambassador
    I just save just about everything i get, i like to see how big i can get my bank account to grow. Plus i'm in a good situation money wise, no kids, car is paid for, $0 debt, car insurance paid for the year, only $175 rent per month. So its good to know at this point if i lost everything i could survive comfortably on the money i've saved for about 3 years. Just saving all the money possible to i can retire early and live off the interest or some smart investments.

I work in lounge pants

get a HUGE monitor like one of those large screen LCD TV's or something that costs a bundle, then pair it with the most confortable massage chair you can find.

you can beef up your car with expensive decals and a big wing on the back to make it go faster(grin)

then buy one of those qrio dancing robots from sony that costs as much as a new car to entertain you between pages/sites.(while sitting in massage chair of course)

spending money is easy part

personally I would do all of the above minus the car crap and robot(not for sale yet I think).

then invest in stuff.. I've been interested in tax lien investing for awhile now but never got around to looking into the details.. nor have any money to invest YET.

ABW Ambassador
    Ssanf just hire some guy to be your personal masseuse while you work

I work in lounge pants

lol - cool - gonna educate the rest of us?

"Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Just keep saving it until you find something you really want--don't spend it for the sake of spending. Then when something you really think is worth buying comes up, the money will be there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Really, it is a big change for me and I am not at all used to the idea that I can actually SPEND it. But, I find that there is nothing I really want so that is a big disapointment.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya! When I finally got some decent $$$ it was quite a shock to find that there wasn't much I could think of that I really wanted!

But things come up. The old car finally gives up, or you find yourself chasing down an ice cream man ON FOOT like a kid (instead of driving after him like usual) because another family member is using your car...then suddenly a new one looks very nice...

Or you decide that one more snowflake landing on you is one too many...and you realize that Florida's nice ALL year...

Or you realize just how good a pool is for your muscles & bones...

And a vacation or two is good for the soul...

In other words, things come up--and then suddenly it hits you that you DO NOT have to put up with the inconveniences! So you won't...

At that point you'll need to be careful not to spend it all~!

(I'm still not totally used to being able to spend it so a lot ends up sitting in the bank. But occasionally I'll think of something REALLY expensive that I want...)

As for being scared, about all I can say to that is that you'll get used to having money. Stick it in the bank and eventually the "new pet" will be a member of the family, waiting like a faithful dog, for when something needs fixing, or there's something you would really rather hire done instead of dealing with it yourself, or you realize that "it'll do"--really won't "do" anymore.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

One of the problems spiritual people or people close to nature, etc. have is accepting the blessings of the Universe, especially when their hard work pays off. They may feel a little guilty or that they are undeserving.
    That's why many of them stay so poor -- even though many of them counsel that the Universe wants All of us to be Rich -- it's a paradox.

You've broken free of any past restraints so SSanf, enjoy your wealth, be immensely grateful, daily and it will continue.

And, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Go get a HUGE monitor like one of those large screen LCD TV's or something that costs a bundle, then pair it with the most confortable massage chair you can find.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Do this by tomorrow, so you can claim it on your Taxes this year.

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

Thanks, Leader. You at least understand what I am talking about.

Want to hear a kicker? I thought it would be good to take some of it and pay off a loan I had taken against my retirement years ago and put it away for my old age. They don't want it. Instead, they said I can get my retirement now and advised me to do so! So, instead of taking my money, they are going to send ME money every month! I guess I could feel put out to pasture but I don't w*rk any more except the 4 hours twice a week at McDonalds. I do that for fun and exercise and to be with friends. It's fun and gets me out of the house. If I didn't do that, I would decline physically real fast. As long as I do that, I will still be able to stand on my feet and work 4 hours if I need to.

Rich or poor I have always felt blessed and am very greatful.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> only $175 rent per month <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    OMG, HOW?

I never got my T-Shirt

ABW Ambassador
    I envy all you that can save.. for me it's imposible. if I have money I'll waste it..

I got my checks yesterday and I've already bought a $500 snowboard (which I don't really need).

Javi

PS. I'm already looking for a laptop too

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

Well done Ssanf, you deserve it... I bet a few years ago people were telling you to stop playing on your computer all day, you'll never make any money online etc.... haha, you showed 'em!

ABW Ambassador
    spend it to buy NEW house and New car BMW z4 !
    You Rock SSanf !

-----------------------
    You Drive Me Crazy !!!

ABW Ambassador
    Why not make a visit to your local homeless shelter and help some people who are less fortunate than you?

Just Lurking
    SSanf it sounds like your in a good position, better than most American. Keep saving. Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you need it. Invest in what making you money and keep an eye out for other opportanties. Do you own a home? Might be a good place to start.

When I had money I spent it on three things Good Food, Family, and Friends but I always put a lot in the bank. Good thing too, when my mother got sick a couple of years ago I had something to get us through.

Best of Luck!

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

SSanf,

Since this is something new for you, you will need time to become accustomed to the change. You are somewhat in shock now, as big changes like this do have a psychological effect, albeit in your case a good one.

But change is change, regardless of good or bad, so it will take some time to get used to it. Just be happy you're in the position you're in, and put some away for the days ahead that might not be as generous to you.

Congratulations!

Andy

Well if you have a house you should have no trouble finding things to spend money on. I have a new roof and new siding, next is the central air. All the appliances are getting close to the end of their life. Seems there is always something needing to be fixed and in 20 years I will have to do it all over again!

ABW Ambassador
    It is scary. The impact it has upon your life is so enormous that it can become overwhelming.

For most people, they can earn a set amount by going out to work. How much they earn depends on what they are qualified to do and how much experience they have (and where they live) The average is somewhere around $22,000 per year. That is the average, so there has to be a lot of people earning less than that.

Now we have an opportunity to go beyond what is normal, and the earnings are seemingly limitless.

There is only so much you can go out and spend until the novelty runs out and you come back down to Earth, and you realize just how much money you can earn doing affiliate marketing.

If you already have everything you need, then just keep the money in the bank.

Julian

Check out www.Sharebuilder.com I've got my "automatic investment plan" setup through them that coincides with the deposits from my various affiliate sites. I consciously build at least $250 extra income (via new sites, pages, etc.) per month to go straight into that account. It's the coolest feeling watching your retirement fund grow on autopilot

Also, consider some of the things you could do to improve your life, while improving the world as a whole. For instance, this year I spent $28,000 adding solar panels to the back of my house, which now generate about 90% of all the electricity I consume (powerbill is now less than $35 a month) without polluting!

Couple that with one of the current/forthcoming gasoline/electric hybrid cars, and you can make a real dent in the pollution problems

Erik

==============================
    The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

Erik those are good ideas. I feel like a dog with a bone. I want to take and bury it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast