How much for starting as a merchant on CJ??
    I was recently THinking to join CJ as merchant, I was wondering how much they charge initially and what percentage they charge afterward..

Please let me know in details

Regards
    Last edited by MichaelColey; February 24th, 2009 at 01:34 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    you mean as a merchant?

If you want to know in detail how much they charge a merchant for signing up, then get in touch with a rep and ask them

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    you mean as a merchant?

If you want to know in detail how much they charge a merchant for signing up, then get in touch with a rep and ask them
    O Yeahhh, thats what i mean to say... Marchant

I've updated your original post.

The last I heard, the network fee is 30% of the commission amount and it's somewhere around $5k to start and a minimum of $500/month in network fees. LinkShare and Google Affiliate Network are priced similarly. I believe the fees are negotiable for larger merchants.

For smaller merchants, there are much more affordable options like ShareASale.com.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It depends on what services you use. Their CJ Access service is from what i can gather:

- $500 escrow deposit (to pay affiliates)
    - $1,500 one-time network access fee
    - 3% on of the sale, or 30% of the commission. For example, if you sell something for $100, CJ will take $3, while the affiliate gets whatever your commission rate is.

We also have a publisher development team that we work with. The fee there is $3500 a month. This provides you with program managers to help you plan your launch strategy, and helps you recruit publishers, as well as basic Q n A and other support functions.

If you want to move on up to CJ Vantage, I think it's more or less the same as above, but you have to maintain an escrow of $5000 instead of $500. However, I believe CJ Vantage is offered on an invite basis only; meaning the only way to have this access is to have CJ invite you into this service. CJ Vantage essentially takes the Publisher Development team to a new level to help increase sales even more.

Outsourced Program Manager
    The last time I checked, regular pricing for Vantage was $11,000, and Access was $3,000.
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

whoa really? damn! well CJ asked me if we were interested in joining CJ Vantage, and when i asked about its costs, was told it would be the same except the escrow would have to remain $5000. However, it wouldnt surprise me if it really did cost $11,000 to join.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread