Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Smile AvantLink Goes Social
    We added social media/networking icons to our homepage under the login form..

You can now follow us on Facebook (must be logged in), Twitter, YouTube and of course ABestWeb! Note we're just getting started with the YouTube account so not much there yet.

Let us know what you think, GM

ABW Ambassador
    Why do I want to track your information across 30 places? Right now I see different info posted on facebook than twitter - so I have to follow both? I can't go to one place?

I never understand this.

Sure, if you want to recruit more affiliates, you want to be on various sites and active. But why in the world is this a spread out behavior a good thing for your existing affiliates?

Not to pick on you specifically because you aren't alone, but this is a really bad, stupid trend. If I am your affiliate, I want to go one place and see everything there. I don't want to be your friend, I don't want to waste time checking 5 sources. I want to go one place where you can help me make money in your programs. Social sites are called social for a reason, I don't want to drink a beer with you, I want to make money.

Look at Brian's handling of the toolbar mess. You have to check here, check his blog, check your email, ??? - but nothing on his site. Why are you only serving a select few of your affiliates in these various channels?

Again if it is just marketing of Avantlink, fine. But stop trying to sell it as good for your current affiliates.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thanks for the response.

If you want to track everything at one place the best option is right here, or our network blog. At least that's been our main two channels up until now.

Essentially all the important info we want to get out there will be moving through all these channels in one way or another. The more channels we can distribute/syndicate news and important info through the better..

Not expecting anyone to follow us on all. We're just trying to offer up some choices.

BTW we had about 75 new people come follow our Twitter in one day after this thread. So seems to be working so far

Edit: Not that 75 is that impressive, but we're thrilled with the first day results. We've been using Twitter's API to syndicate our blog headlines for a while so between here, our blog, and Twitter all the info getting out is the same. FB is brand new and between that in Twitter we'll be more involved with engaging those communities directly.

Oh yeah and now that I think about it, our blog headlines are also feeding into the FB fan page. So really...the network blog, abw, fb and twitter all get the same content.

YouTube stands alone and really we haven't even ramped that up yet. Our ongoing screencasts tutorials will live there.
    Last edited by GravityFed; February 25th, 2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added/clarifed a few things

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread