Something like Paypal but better?
    Is there something like Paypal, but better?

I've seen complaints about Paypal around on ABW, and I don't particularly like their/my purchase page.

They do have name recognition as far as public trust, but the purchase page always seems confusing to me ('Do I have an account, do I have to have one to use my cc, etc') and wonder if it it to potential customers as well.

Current thinking is that I'm going to use SAS to pay affiliates, and Paypal to take payments. Unless there is a better option than Paypal.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

when a customer wants to pay with a credit card (without opening a paypal account): paypal really jerks them around (placing big contine buttons that takes them into the paypal create an account section).. they really have to search (on several screens) to find the links to contine without building an acccount. generally your cart will have other payment gateways built in.. you'll have less abandoment with this type of system rather than just paypal...

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

If you're looking for some other checkout options on your site, i'd recommend ebillme, billmelater, googlecheckout, and yes even paypal, as many ppl still believe it's one of the safest ways to purchase things online, which really it kinda is.

Thank you CCBerries, Haiko, and whoever that is at Cymax Stores.

I'm trying to balance Paypals perceived public plusses with what CCBerries said about their purchase system.

I wonder if numbers/statistics out there show one outweighs the other.

Thanks. I'll be looking at the other suggestions today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymax Stores
    If you're looking for some other checkout options on your site, i'd recommend ebillme, billmelater, googlecheckout, and yes even paypal, as many ppl still believe it's one of the safest ways to purchase things online, which really it kinda is.

Name's Quy, btw...still waiting for 250 for a signature :P

your cart may support a regular payment gateway (authorise,net, linkpoint...) and that would give you a chance to set up a single page checkout, the less screens the customer has to pass through: the less things can go wrong or they can change their mind.

Your cart may already have the basic setup for the various payment options, even paypal(verisign) has different payment methods and interfaces (some of which look just like a normal credit card payment screen), it's the basic paypal version that people complain about and get confused on when they don't want to open an account.

The upside of the ofsite payment processors like paypal or google checkout is that you don't have the same exposure to having to keep credit card details on your system, the downside is that if they have problems with thier site you can't do a whole lot about it.

ever try alert pay?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread