http and a telephoto
    Reminder about Reputation Management
    Some people are forgetting that what they post online and who they support online comes back to affect their own reputation and integrity.

This business is all about reputation and trust. There are lines being drawn that are not only not necessary, but they show people's true colors. Be careful who and what you support publically, you may think you are just "watching them" or "keeping your enemies close" but you are in reality giving them a false sense of support.

Do you really want to be on that twitter profile as someone they follow or that you are following?

Do you really want to show up as that person/companies friend on Facebook or Linkedin?

Do you really want to be on that affiliate conference/convention/online things attendee list?

Do you really want to be in some of the places you are, where you think you are just snooping but in reality you are part of the "numbers" they show as supporters?

Take a minute and think about it. I haven't used the block feature on Twitter much until now. Today I am going to start blocking people that I don't want publically acknowledging that they read me. They can still go to the web and read it of course, but I won't be in their rss feed or available to them for direct messages.

Today I am going to Facebook and removing people that have questionable business practices or that don't fit in my niche. Some MLM people snuck in there because they are friends of friends. If I don't know you, you are leaving my profile. If you collaborate with people I don't respect, you are leaving my profile.

It's time to tighten up, it's time to show respect for people that deserve it. It's time for Momma Loxly to stop showing respect for people that I really don't respect any longer.

I suggest you do the same. Evaluate who is in all your various "friends lists". Do you want to show up in a web search that contains their name along with yours?

I resigned as an affiliate manager for a program that I built before it launched because all of a sudden the merchant wasn't being "affiliate friendly". The merchant was listening to people that as an affiliate they would have told to take a hike.

I resigned from a very well paying corporate position because I didn't like the direction the company was taking their affiliate program and I saw that they were no longer going to follow my plan, even though my plan built their program from zero to huge.

I resigned from clients because they no longer listened to or implemented the advise they paid me for.

In the end it's all about reputation. My reputation as a person comes first, as an affiliate manager second. I won't compromise either reputation.

My son's taught me that life is too short. Compromise is good, giving in to drama and deceit is bad.

At the end of the day you need to be able to sleep with your self and your actions and your alliances. Take a good look at your alliances now, take a look at whether you are sleeping well.

http and a telephoto
    Thanks for all the PM's and DM's, but don't be shy, post your own thoughts here about how you plan to manage your reputation online or what you think about the whole issue.

We can't ignore the positive power of social networking, but we need to acknowledge how people can abuse it to make it *look* like you are a supporter of something you may have only had a passing interest in or have actually forgotten all about.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I haven't pruned my FB friends list in quite a while. Probably worth looking at again.

I'll admit that I follow some people on multiple platforms to keep an eye on them, and not necessarily out of respect. I don't think I've ever been used as leverage in one of those situations, and truthfully, I'm not very leveragable
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread