15 years and counting
    Credit Secrets Bible
    Anybody familiar with them?
    I just made a sale for on2url.com Credit Secrets Bible. Price $67.75 Commission: $40
    Their agreement states:
    "Find out why our top affiliates earn over $75,000 a year. Now pays $40 on every $67 sale!" They sell only one producr. So, everything is fine.

5 minutes later, the sale amount is manually switched to $49.95 and my commission reduced to $19.98.

Even if the merchant reduced his price from $67.75 to $49.95 the difference is $17.80
    My commission difference is $40 - $19.98 = $20.02

So, not only I PAID for the price discount, I'm also short-changed.

Why do I mention, that? I really don't know. Who cares for what's in an agreement anymore? You get paid or not, your commissions is slashed in half, you don't even get an explanation. I should be happy to still get $19.98, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Why do I mention, that? I really don't know. Who cares for what's in an agreement anymore? You get paid or not, your commissions is slashed in half, you don't even get an explanation. I should be happy to still get $19.98, I guess.
    Unfortunately it seems that the only real recourse we have is to discuss these issues here. Hopefully the merchant involved sees or hears of the post and responds with an explanation or a correction. Worse case is that you've at least warned everyone else about a questionable business tactic. Thanks for the heads up.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

15 years and counting
    You're right, rematt, it's why I'm doing it. But, it's getting old sometimes. Yes, Affiliates need to expose these bad practices. It's happening on other networks, too.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    But, it's getting old sometimes
    Zeus, it does seem like it gets old but no worries keep posting away when you see such things lots of people read here and often do not post. Affiliates need to know about strange or should I say shady practices or at least inform or ask merchant what happened, you should always try and reach out to merchant incase of a mistake, etc.

But OPMs need to know too incase or for when they call to educate advice or often not take program depending on how conversation goes. I for one do take notice of these and of who is doing what specially merchant-wise incase, never know. I know OPMs would gladly want to hear of these and educate/advice merchants on best practices often no charge and if they do such things to at least to send an update or make sure they do plan out their terms and do what their own term says.

15 years and counting
    Thanks Jorge.

I call SCAM but SAS is to busy with allowing the toolbars in to care about crooked merchants.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread