2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  elalpo's Avatar
    HP (Hewlett-Packard) affiliate program - anyone has issues?
    OK. Let me know if this issue bothers anyone else?

I have a bad conversion for HP (Hewlett-Packard) and don't sell much, where I am very good with Dell sales and Dell conversion.

I have had a difficulty ordering something from HP few days ago (ordered by myself for myself) - getting an error message "unable to process the order". At first I thought that it's simply a bug, so I tried to place an order the next day, but got the same error. When I called HP, I had to speak with 2 people to get to the bottom of it. Basically a manager told me that in fact, there were 2 orders kind of denied, but really more like "declined, pending based on review". They don't want to put on website results, that the order is under fraud investigation for whatever reasons something didn't match in their system. I had to cancel 1 order, since I only wanted one. I also had to agree for the order to be investigated further. Oh - and that's the 1st time in my 12-year online shopping - everything matches 100%.

Now, that created a question for me. Do affiliates get paid for such orders? The ones placed through affiliate link, but for whatever reason they didn't go through and later a person called to confirm that he/she still wants this order.

I have received an answer from HP CJ manager:

"Sorry you had a difficult time placing an order, youíre not the first Iíve heard this from. HP does do fraud investigations on many of their orders which depending on how they are handled can sometimes end up dropping the affiliate tracking. In these situations what you will need to do is report it as a missing order. If you send me the order details (as many details as you can) I can put them on our missing order list which is sent over to HP about twice a month for review. Once they give me the ok I can credit the order manually to your account."

This is obviously bothersoom, if it happens regularly.

I've ordered from HP in the last year without any problem...and it tracked just fine.

i make a lot of orders with HP

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elalpo
    If you send me the order details (as many details as you can) I can put them on our missing order list which is sent over to HP about twice a month for review. Once they give me the ok I can credit the order manually to your account.
    And exactly how are you supposed to know about missing orders through clickthroughs from unknown site visitors?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread