How you drive traffic email?
    Has anyone else received a "how you drive traffic" request in relationship to a certain merchant on Linkshare? I am wondering if this is legit or not. The email does not look like a normal Linkshare email.

Thanks
    Tami

No never got a how you drive email. is that the exact wording used, if it is reply... everymorning when I wake up I go for coffee my car is my banner.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    No never got a how you drive email. is that the exact wording used, if it is reply... everymorning when I wake up I go for coffee my car is my banner.
    LOL

The exact quote is:

"Please provide me with screenshots and examples of how you drive traffic for "Polpular Linkshare Merchant"...

I also got a new email threatening to cancel me if I do not provide this info before 02-26-09!

I have forwarder the email to Linkshare to verify. Awaiting reply.

Its a merchant that I have been with for a few years and have had good conversion with.

I cannot believe this is legit!

Tami

I just wanted to add that this is frightening me! I have been with Linkshare for 10 Plus years and have never encountered this. I will loose sleep on this tonight.

Tami

tami,
    i am interesed in how to drive traffic also..how do i go about paying people a %of sale?

I got that email a few months ago, just reply and tell them which site sends them traffic and you'll have no problems.

I got this same type of email on the 24th of this month, but it was from CJ.
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy
    I got that email a few months ago, just reply and tell them which site sends them traffic and you'll have no problems.
    Don't they already know which site, surely they have access to our reports?

They said "provide me with screenshots and examples of how you drive traffic for (specific merchant) ..."

They said that I was getting a high amount of clicks this month, but when I checked my host server logs and my click reports in Linkshare it's all business as usual, this is weird.

I have till midnight tonight. I may try and call.

Thanks
    Tami

So then send them a screenshot of the site that send the most traffic, it's not a big deal, just do what they ask.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I'd verify it too just to make sure.

Secondly I would send a web link but I'm not taking screenshots and examples of how I drive traffic. I don't even know what that means outside of a web link, that should be enough. I'm not writing a power point presentation with my business plan.

After verification my email would say

mylink.com - traffic tends to increase as a site ages and you promote it.

I called their New York office and used their "dial a name" option and the person I received the email from answered. After I talked with her I did email a few screen shots and links. I might not of done that had I read your post ProWebAddict.

I checked the Linkshare click reports and did see a spike of clicks on one day, double the amount. My server logs do not reflect an increase in traffic. I have been optimizing my site recently. Who knows?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Tami

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread