Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Am I the only one getting lotta dup email?
    Seems whenever I get an email from 4checks customer service alerting me to a new offer, special deal going on for affiliates, etc., I get at least 4 copies of the email. They are identical and they are all coming to the same contact email address in my SAS account.

    I think I replied to one a few weeks ago pointing out the duplication issue -- but it didn't seem to resolve the problem.

    It's really not a big deal, as I just delete the email. But it's a bit irritating that it has been happening for several weeks now.
    Generate more fake news.

  2. #2
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Seems whenever I get an email from 4checks customer service alerting me to a new offer, special deal going on for affiliates, etc., I get at least 4 copies of the email. They are identical and they are all coming to the same contact email address in my SAS account.

    I think I replied to one a few weeks ago pointing out the duplication issue -- but it didn't seem to resolve the problem.

    It's really not a big deal, as I just delete the email. But it's a bit irritating that it has been happening for several weeks now.
    Split Personality Maybe?

    There are four of them and none of them know what the other three are doing.

  3. #3
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2008
    Posts
    32
    Do you have more than one account linked under your primary account? I will check in with SAS and see if there is a bug with the newsletter process.

    Kathy
    4checks Affiliate Manager

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Split Personality Maybe?

    There are four of them and none of them know what the other three are doing.
    "Split Personality" reminds me, BurgerBoy -- someone (we won't say who, but his name is spelled M-R. S-A-L) accused you and me of being the same person, remember? It took your revelation of your true identity as Elvis to clear that up.

    You really ARE Elvis, right?
    Generate more fake news.

  5. #5
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    "Split Personality" reminds me, BurgerBoy -- someone (we won't say who, but his name is spelled M-R. S-A-L) accused you and me of being the same person, remember? It took your revelation of your true identity as Elvis to clear that up.

    You really ARE Elvis, right?
    RIGHT !!

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    RIGHT !!
    I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!!

    They told me you died on my 30th birthday, but I never believed 'em. I kept the faith, O King.
    Generate more fake news.

  7. #7
    Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2005
    Posts
    2,664
    You guys are silly Gary, 4checks asked me to take a look at your account, but I don't see anything weird? email me maybe, or forward me all three copies and I can see if maybe I can track it down on our end?

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    You guys are silly Gary, 4checks asked me to take a look at your account, but I don't see anything weird? email me maybe, or forward me all three copies and I can see if maybe I can track it down on our end?
    Hmm. Well, I can't forward those emails to you, because I deleted all of them.

    If it happens again, I'll certainly forward them to you then -- but the ones I posted about here are gone now, gone off into the mysterious land of dead emails. Sorry.
    Generate more fake news.

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    You guys are silly Gary, 4checks asked me to take a look at your account, but I don't see anything weird? email me maybe, or forward me all three copies and I can see if maybe I can track it down on our end?
    Just got 3 identical copies of the 4Checks March Newsletter. I'll forward all three to you, Carolyn, as you mentioned in this thread when it happened to me before.

    Perhaps there's nothing wrong. I have a theory that it's either because:

    1. The 4checks people know I may not be the brightest bulb in the fixture and think I need to get it 3 times to "get it," or,

    2. The 4checks people know I AM the brightest bulb in their fixture and want me to have the advantage of getting the info three times.

    Yeah, that's it. Yeah.

    Anyway -- I'm forwarding all three to you, Carolyn, for your edification and investigation!
    Generate more fake news.

  10. #10
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Gary,

    I get dupes on their email too - I think it's because I was joined with them on their in house program before joining on SAS. Seems they're maintaining 2 separate email lists.
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Gary,

    I get dupes on their email too - I think it's because I was joined with them on their in house program before joining on SAS. Seems they're maintaining 2 separate email lists.
    That may be it. I can't recall whether I was in their in-house before SAS, but I might have been.

    Strange they can't integrate the two lists and eliminate such duplication. But even then, I don't understand why I'd get so MANY dups? (FYI -- I got a total of 5 March Newsletters from them today.)
    Generate more fake news.

  12. #12
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2008
    Posts
    18
    Gary, can you send me all the emails that you received. I'll see if you are listed more than once on the network.

    Thanks,
    Kathy

  13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Email address ina SQL database... How to send out mass email?
    By jackson_media in forum Programming / Datafeeds / Tools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
  2. Can u block one SE and have Dup sites?
    By suzie250 in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 10th, 2005, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •