Anyone use: X-Affiliate Module for X-cart shopping cart?
    We are planning to use affiliate marketing with our re designed site (organicbabywearhouse.com/beta) and this site is built with X-cart. They provide add ons or modules and one of them looks interesting for setting up affiliates.

Hoping some one has some experience on whether this tool works great or not.

Quote Originally Posted by searchpl
    We are planning to use affiliate marketing with our re designed site (organicbabywearhouse.com/beta) and this site is built with X-cart. They provide add ons or modules and one of them looks interesting for setting up affiliates.

Hoping some one has some experience on whether this tool works great or not.
    Hey there,

X-Affiliate is okay. It really is a matter of personal preference. With X-Affiliate, you're going to be responsible for absolutely all of your own affiliate recruitment whereas with a network, you're going to have affiliates join simply because you are on that network. With X-Affiliate, you won't have to worry about any network's terms and conditions and you don't have to worry about paying any network fees or commissions but you will be responsible for the 1099s for all your affiliates and ensuring that the affiliates are paid on time.

So basically, it boils down the money. Using X-Affiliate would be cheaper than going to a network but you will more than likely get better results using a network.

The thing that I really don't like about X-Affiliate is the way they handle commission for subscription orders (don't know if you have subscription products but FYI). If you offer say 10% commission for all sales, if a customer orders a bottle of baby formula on subscription and has done so through an affiliate link, you'll be paying 10% of every single time that customer is billed and shipped too. Personally I like to to offer that full commission at first than a smaller commission on each recurring shipment thereafter.

X-Affiliate does make it easy if you're going to be giving different commissions according to product or according to category though.

Finally, you also have to consider how much creative you'll be providing to your affiliates. If you're going to have a ton of banners for your affiliates to use, all that creative is going to be stored on your own server whereas if you were on a network, it would be stored on the network server. What this means is that everytime someone views an affiliate page, your server is going to have the banner requested and that's taking resources away from the rest of your site. If 1,000 affiliates are having graphics loaded on their site from your server, that's a lot of strain on your server. Not to mention X-Cart is very server intensive on it's own.

If you have any questions or need any help, IM me Yahoo! -> madhatteropm or call me at 765-352-1111 or visit our forum on this site at http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=387
    Last edited by Derrick Kinsey; February 27th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread