4checks 2nd Tier Referral Program being TERMINATED
    I got this email yesterday

We regret to inform you that effective March 1st 2009, the 4checks program will not be offering 2nd tier commissions on the affiliate referral program. The final 2nd tier payout will be based on February's monthly revenue.

Upon closer review of the program it has been discovered that a number of affiliates have been capitalizing on this program for an extended period of time by signing themselves up under their own affiliate accounts and securing the incremental 5% referral commission. This is a direct violation of the affiliate terms and conditions that were agreed upon when joining the program. Therefore we are unable to continue with this referral program.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Kathy-Ann Viau
    4checks Affiliate Marketing Manager
    So a few affiliates where abusing the system. That's not good. 4Checks should deal with them directly, not punish all other affiliates.

What I take from this... They just don't want to pay anymore.

...and this program continues to circle the drain. (so sad)

This seems like it might become a trend. Not only did I get this from 4checks today, I received a similar notice from another merchant. Drawing a blank as to which one, I'll have to go check my email and post back.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Just checked, the other one was Chinese Laundry.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Dang I didnt even know there was a 2nd tier

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread