ABW Ambassador
    Weird & Wacky stuff confiscated at NY Customs
    Attention, airline passengers: Leave the chain saws, chocolate-covered heroin bars and frozen monkey heads at home.

FULL STORY

OK, I'll admit to the Chainsaw (for Summit West '09 ) but nothing else! (J/K)

Insane!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 2nd, 2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Duh I posted East ... I meant West (Vegas)
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I'm surprised they actually let a lot of boxed chocolate/foods through customs (or even on airplanes). Someone even semi-skilled in chocolate can enrobe just about anything.

I once flew with three 10 pound blocks on chocolate in a carry on bag, they never even opened the bag. So they are not the ever vigilant protectors of our security they claim to be (I’m beginning to think they all just have a thing for people in their stocking feet.).

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries
    I'm surprised they actually let a lot of boxed chocolate/foods through customs (or even on airplanes). Someone even semi-skilled in chocolate can enrobe just about anything.

I once flew with three 10 pound blocks on chocolate in a carry on bag, they never even opened the bag. So they are not the ever vigilant protectors of our security they claim to be (I’m beginning to think they all just have a thing for people in their stocking feet.).
    Was this TSA or Customs?

I think it depends on the individuals. You shouldn't paint an entire group of people with the same brush. Speaking of paint, my dad (retired U.S. Customs Inspector) ruined a new shirt opening up a paint kit someone had tried to smuggle heroin in. He caught quite a few drug smugglers, the worst is when they'd swallow the drugs in balloons and the balloons would burst. Depending on the type of drugs, it could take 6-8 agents to subdue the smuggler.

He also caught some guy trying to smuggle live squirrels in his pants. He had to confiscate 22 live African snails (huge, baseball sized destructive snails) from a Nigerian lady, a live snake (he didn't open the bag!), a case full of fried squirrels (laying spread eagle in the suitcase), two thumbnail sized blue pearls, plenty of undeclared cash, and plenty of fireworks. I'm sure there's lots more, but those are the most memorable.

One time, there was a lady wearing a big pancho. He asked her to take it off, because she may have been trying to conceal something underneath. Well, she had NOTHING on underneath. He quickly asked her to put it back on! LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread