I was just contacted by a adware company who wanted me to include their adware program in my downloads. They were willing to pay $0.10 per download, my website gets over 30,000 visitors daily. This would have worked out at roughly $3,000 per day. The software would pop "something like 7 popups in 24 hour period, so no suspicion is made" their words not mine. But I value my visitors and the fight against parasites more.

Top Notch!

Now how do I find 30,000 visitors a day.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeamPB:
    Now how do I find 30,000 visitors a day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thats easy, work 9+ hours every single day for 6 years

ABW Ambassador
    At least they were direct. We tried running budsinc ads on our site, asked for all drive-by, spyware etc not be in the mix.

There was.

They insisted that there was non in the mix, but our users were getting their homepage changed. Dropped budsinc and the problem went away - yet in a public forum they still sat there saying it never happened and tried to say they kicked us out of the program (so i would stay clear of budsinc).

While cpm rates are up, there is just so much scum you have to deal with and clear off it makes even network ads time consuming.

Chet

Was it a drive-by-download adware?

Way to go JJJ. That kind of money is hard to turn down. I turned down a large paying job offer one time because I just didn't feel comfortable with that type of work. You have to do what makes sense for you and also what makes you happy.

BradleyB
    "If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars."
    - J. Paul Getty (1892-1976)chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Thank You JJJay,

We need more people with your business ethics in the world.

It would make the world a better place.

you

--Brian

Our greatest Glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall ~Confucius

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    Was it a drive-by-download adware?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have thousand of downloads which my visitors download in zip files, they wanted me to add this program to the zip files, from there I think the program was auto install.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeamPB:
    Now how do I find 30,000 visitors a day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thats easy, work 9+ hours every single day for 6 years <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been doing that, but it has not been on my sites

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread