TimelessMessage (SAS) promotes aff sites on home page
    I saw Sydney's Closet being outed and if you think that's bad, check out Timeless Message (sas) with aff banners, Google ads and a long column of keyword stuffing all on the home page.

This must be fairly recent as last Dec. the AM wrote to say they were having a big 50% off sale (when I checked only one item was 50% off) and not only that, to promote the gift basket site on the home page. I was rather incredulous, nearly livid actually. She said that she was new to the biz so I directed her here. She also claimed that they were about to set up an SAS aff program for the gift basket site.

Well, I guess it's easier to fill your home page with aff links. It seems that there are some savvy (or think they are) small merchants who are taking advantage the high reputation SAS has with affiliates to find "workarounds" and steal/divert commissions.

You have to check so carefully before you sign up with a merchant or else only direct them to specific product pages and keep your fingers crossed.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    >>a long column of keyword stuffing

INSANE

ABW Ambassador
    What a horrible site

This is a merchant on Shareasale? Wow

I'll give Timeless Memories this much; by having the ads and banners on the front page they are being open and aboveboard about what they are doing. If as I suspect those detract from wanting to carry them so be it but at least it is better than those who are duplicitous
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

ABW Ambassador
    No offense to newbies, but that merchant site looks like a very poor attempt at a site that a newbie affiliate would create.

15 years and counting
    These people are lost. They still have traffic thanks for their affiliates but for how long?
    They are killing their business for ever. Have a look at their site last year. Not great but good enough to keep a decent EPC.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200802120...ssmessage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    No offense to newbies, but that merchant site looks like a very poor attempt at a site that a newbie affiliate would create.
    Was just thinking the same thing, it looks like a newbie affiliate site. It's hard to tell it is a merchant with all the banners and Google ads siphoning off their traffic.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Terri, these weren't here in Dec. 2008 or anytime prior, and this is the first time I checked since then. So this is fairly new. Affs who have been with a program for awhile probably don't think to check a merchant's home page every so often.

I can see this being used as a strategy: acquire affiliates, run an above board program for awhile, then add aff links or links to other sites they may own. Remember, the AM actually asked affs to promote a gift site (that used to be on the home page) for which they wouldn't receive a commission.

P.S. This site has been around for years.
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; March 3rd, 2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: clarify
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Wow... that is a horrendously designed site. Is this a person selling stuff out of their home? Because it looks like the cheesiest template ever.

I wonder, has anyone ever gotten sales from them? The blatant banners aside, that just doesn't look like a site I'd ever trust buying something from, even with the old design Zeus linked to.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread