Inactive Product Numbers Inaccurate
    I'm currently finding shops that show zero in the "inactive products" column, but they do actually have inactives when I go to edit them.

I have not seen this before and I have emailed support to ask about it. Has anyone else run across this?

This is why I wish the links changed color when visited - because I will probably click on each shop, one by one, to see how many others are affected by this issue.

** edit ** I am also seeing other strange things happening. Blank cells where products should be in the "customize" view, extra rows of products in the "shop preview." I have removed 2 inactive products in one shop TWICE and when I return to that shop they're still there. It's like nothing is really updating. When I remove an inactive product, I am left with an empty cell in the customize view. ???
    Last edited by joyaz; March 3rd, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    I am also seeing other strange things happening. Blank cells where products should be in the "customize" view, extra rows of products in the "shop preview." I have removed 2 inactive products in one shop TWICE and when I return to that shop they're still there. It's like nothing is really updating. When I remove an inactive product, I am left with an empty cell in the customize view. ???
    I started having this problem last week and sent two support request with no response. It is only in the shop view from the dashboard and not showing up on the pages from your website. I have seen up to 9 blank spots where products show be. I have had to recreate each shop and many time when I go back the same problem happens.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Joyaz do you have the problem when you add products to your shop and you save it, dups show up in your store. We have this problem. Most of my shops are 4 products across and 8 rows down for a total of 32 products. I will save the shop but then I find anywhere from 33 -36 products with doubles of some of the products that I put in. I make a conscious effort not to click the product twice but they still show up. I have never sent in a support ticket on this problem.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I'm getting misleading inactive numbers as well. I just corrected one with six inactives, and the dashboard showed it as three.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

We are currently working on improving the dashboard stats. There is currently a delay in the statistics, and the discrepancy is a result of the statistics caching and the import updating the information.

This is definitely a known issue we are working to resolve.

I haven't been able to reproduce the inactive products failing to remove, so I'll keep digging in and see if I can get that resolved.

I'll contact you through the support system to get some more specific details.

Hi Dan, did you check the page I sent you? I've been having the same issues as these folks, with blank cells, unremoved inactives and shops that keep expanding when I remove inactives. I'm afraid to edit anything.
    Thanks

Danny,

Yes, I have had the problem with products showing up twice (when only clicked once to add) but it's not something that has happened regularly for me. Just on occasion and I have never reported that either.

I gave up editing for a while and now am about to go back to it. I too am afraid to delete any products for fear I won't be able to replace them.

ABW Ambassador
    Danny,

Yes, I have had the problem with products showing up twice (when only clicked once to add) but it's not something that has happened regularly for me. Just on occasion and I have never reported that either.
    "Products showing up twice" -- has been an ongoing issue for me for a long long time.

"Inactive product numbers inaccurate" -- I've noticed that for a few weeks. The funny thing is I even have some negative numbers showing. So what does it mean when I see "-4 inactive products" ?

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    "The funny thing is I even have some negative numbers showing. So what does it mean when I see "-4 inactive products" ?
    I had that happen last week and was told that had been fixed.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    What I have been seeing is products shown as "Not Available" when they ARE available.

I just went through two 16-product shops that are shown on Popshops as including No available products - all 32 products are marked "Not Available".

I clicked through the links for all of these products and on the first page, only three of the 16 were actually not available, and on the second page, only two of the 16 were actually not available.

Regarding problems replacing products, I did some updating/replacing late yesterday, and though it did take a bit of time to show up, eventually all of the changes I made on a few shops did update. (It took maybe five minutes or so to update.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

In terms of the inactive problems being inaccurate, PopShops can only go by what the feeds give us. If a product has been removed from a feed, we can only assume it is "inactive". Often people tend to just let them autofeed a similar product which is good for SEO because it creates a site that has products that change. You also have the option of letting the product stay as-is.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

ABW Ambassador
    Jessie,

Popshops is acting very very slow right now. For the past 5 minutes, my browser is trying to open one shop, still searching and searching...

Anything going on there?

Shops are down.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Same here ... I just posted in a different thread about this. I'm getting network timeout errors at popshops.com and none of my shops are loading.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    I started having this problem last week and sent two support request with no response. It is only in the shop view from the dashboard and not showing up on the pages from your website. I have seen up to 9 blank spots where products show be. I have had to recreate each shop and many time when I go back the same problem happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Hi Dan, did you check the page I sent you? I've been having the same issues as these folks, with blank cells, unremoved inactives and shops that keep expanding when I remove inactives. I'm afraid to edit anything.
    Thanks
    ** edit ** I am also seeing other strange things happening. Blank cells where products should be in the "customize" view, extra rows of products in the "shop preview." I have removed 2 inactive products in one shop TWICE and when I return to that shop they're still there. It's like nothing is really updating. When I remove an inactive product, I am left with an empty cell in the customize view. ???
    I submitted a support request PopShops #TMP-290523 and though the negative numbers were address the main problem as outlined above still is present. I have to rebuild every shop that I have to update only to have it go back to the same problem as outlined above when you go back to it.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Regarding the deleted inactives that don't show up, I've found this works for me: I switch to another shop, then switch back. The inactives I deleted show up again, I delete them again and for whatever reason, it "takes" this time.
    Renée

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    I submitted a support request PopShops #TMP-290523 and though the negative numbers were address the main problem as outlined above still is present. I have to rebuild every shop that I have to update only to have it go back to the same problem as outlined above when you go back to it.
    I spoke with Dan at support yesterday and we determined that the problem that I had was being caused by using Microsoft Explorer 6. I checked my pages with Firefox and had no problems. I've since then have upgraded to ME 8. Dan says he has fixed the problem with using ME 6.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

I'm finding this issue again today (May 7th). I got my inactive products down to zero, or so I thought according to Popshops numbers, but as I'm going through shops individually I'm finding that pesky "inactive in datafeed" icon.

After going through my shops I must have found at least 60 shops today with inactive products ... and 3 of those had 10 inactives each which meant half my products were missing and I didn't know it because the numbers still showed zero.

I had troubles with duplicates a few days ago again and backed out of there. I checked the shop on my site and it showed the duplicate item also.

The numbers are still off today. I replaced inactives and got the number in my dashboard to zero, but when I spot checked some of my shops I found more inactive products.

I emailed support today about this. I can't take the time to preview every shop every time I do updates.

Ditto here on inactive products not removing, have to preview, then go back and delete again. This is quite time-consuming. Using FF 3+ on Mac, OS X.
    Renée

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread