Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Florida woman calls 911 3 times over McNuggets
    FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman called 911 three times after McDonald's employees told her they were out of McNuggets. A police report said 27-year-old Fort Pierce resident Latreasa L. Goodman told authorities she paid for a 10-piece last week but was later informed the restaurant had run out. She says she was refused a refund and told all sales were final. A cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of different food for the same price, but Goodman became irate.
    http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/natio...ylist=national

911 over McNuggets? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Stupid woman. She should serve time for that.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    I saw her interviewed on the news this morning, and that describes her - she still says she did nothing wrong.

But - how can McDonald's justify NOT refunding her money for an item they could not provide?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I've always thought that people that call 911 for stupid crap like this should be sent a bill to pay for the time wasted by the 911 operators. The fine should be heavy and they should publicize it so people might actually THINK before dialing...

Yeah, I know it's a long shot to assume people will think...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    She must be either mentally ill or intellectually challenged.

ABW Ambassador
    McDonalds not refunding the money isn't a reason to call 911.

Is she really so stupid to think that this justified a 911 call?

Outsourced Program Manager DavidG-MV's Avatar
    Maybe she's related to this Florida guy who called 911 on Burger King a few weeks back...
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...rgerking1.html

-Unbelievable...
    David Green - [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com]MoreVisibility[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com/seoblog/]Blogs[/URL] - [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497]Support Forum[/URL] - [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=19856]New SAS Program - 1STOPlighting.com[/URL][/B]

She's the type of person that eats at McDonalds.. What else should we expect??
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    They should fine her for wasting tax payer's money.

McDonalds admitted they should have refunded her $ (and have mailed her a coupon for a free meal), but still I'd think you ask for a manager before calling 911.

You can fine this woman all you want... If she is arguing over $4, chances are she's getting tax payer money to pay the fine anyway.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    It's the hot sun here it's getting to people and making them do stupid things!
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Steph-ARC
    It's the hot sun here it's getting to people and making them do stupid things!
    Only 65º high (and 34º low) in Ft. Pierce, Fla yesterday.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    This is in the Daily Chuckle section, but there is nothing funny about what this woman did

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Only 65º high (and 34º low) in Ft. Pierce, Fla yesterday.
    I know it's actually cold (I'm in Miami). But come on AffiliateHound just play along with my theory!
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

ABW Ambassador
    I know it's actually cold (I'm in Miami). But come on AffiliateHound just play along with my theory!

Cold? You are in Miami. Cold? Hmm.

It was -3F this morning here in Vermont, now that is cold.

I'd say it wasn't the heat, but rather the COLD that made her looney.

Cold? You are in Miami. Cold? Hmm.

It was -3F this morning here in Vermont, now that is cold.
    Anything under 70º is cold around here.

She says she was refused a refund and told all sales were final. A cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of different food for the same price, but Goodman became irate.
    Ok, so it looks like I will be the only one defending that woman...

Yes, it's a stupid idea to call 911 over McNuggets, but it's also stupid for McDonald to have that crooked policy.

I bet that if that woman would had stole just one single piece of McNugget, I bet that those same McDonald's employees would be the one's making the 911 call, and that woman would be arrested.

But, since it's that big corporation trying to keep her money with their unfair policy, then everyone else is jumping on that woman because she made a stupid mistake.

I wonder what would it happen if instead of that woman getting rip off, it would be a big 6' guy the one that was told that they run out of McNuggets, and that he won't be getting his money back...

It's too bad that she called 911 instead of the local TV News, otherwise she probably would got a lot of publicity, on her favor...

Sometimes it's not the money, sometimes it's just the principal, for what some people will do what they do, at any given moment...

Ok, I am ready to get burn...

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Mr. S

Big 6'

This group was once known as the "Big Eight", and was reduced to the "Big Five" by a series of mergers. The Big Five became the Big Four after the near-demise of Arthur Andersen in 2002, following its involvement in the Enron Scandal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Four_auditors

They sold her a product that they don't have and refused to give her money back, instead offering another product which she did not accept. That's not right and I don't think that's McDonald's, or any decent business's, policy.

The manager or employees probably irritated her with their attitude, she got tired and called the police. I don't think that's stupid. Would it make calling police ok, if it was bigger ticket item like jewelry or a car that she was purchasing?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    She didn't call the police. She called 911 which is for emergencies only. Not getting proper service in a restaurant doesn't constitute an emergency. What she should have done is call the police directly. Every phone book has the main (non-emergency) number of the police.

Arrow
    she got tired and called the police. I don't think that's stupid.
    She didn't called the police, she called 911, that was the stupid mistake, because 911 is only for emergency and nothing else...

If she had called the police directly (And she should had done that.), then probably no one else would have found out about that stupid, McDonald's crooked policy.

I can't believe McDonald's wouldn't refund her money, thats pathetic! I'm dropping their affiliate program! Does 911 have any kind of referral affiliate program?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    She didn't call the police. She called 911 which is for emergencies only. Not getting proper service in a restaurant doesn't constitute an emergency. What she should have done is call the police directly. Every phone book has the main (non-emergency) number of the police.
    Exactly right. BUT -- All of you who know the non-emergency number to call the police in your community, raise your hands.

Right. Most of us know there IS a non-emergency number for calling the police, but unless we've thought to put it into our cell phones, or have a phone book hand, we probably couldn't call it.

So, here's the woman steaming angry at the idiots from McDonalds who tell her "no refund." You think she's going to calmly ask to use their phone book? Doubt it.

What she should have done is simply stand at the cash register and tell them she wasn't moving until they got the manager over to explain why she wasn't entitled to a refund. That either would have gotten her satisfaction, or prompted the McDonalds dummies to get the police over.
    Generate more fake news.

This woman isn't the only one who calls 911.

Check out John Mccain's brother calling 911 because he was upset about the traffic in Alexandria, Virginia.

Anybody who is familiar with the VA, DC, MD area knows that traffic in that area is always listed in the top 5 worst traffic cities in America.
    Gabe Goldstein | Ad Desk
    Phone 703.265.5061
    Email Gabe. Goldstein@teamaol.aol.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast