As the years roll forward, Linkshare pays later and later
    Linkshare has always paid us affiliates late, or I should say, THIS affiliate. Years ago I was on the check payment system, and they would arrive so late I would forget about them. Then one fine day I would check the mail, and there they were, about 45 to 60 days after the end of the month they represented.

One day a few years ago I discovered the direct deposit system and I signed up right away. It worked great for a long time, and my payment always arrived about the 15th of the month after the end of the month every time. I remember it would always arrive just a few days before the CJ deposit or the SAS.

Roll the clock forward to just a few months ago, after the infamous "new fabulous login thing", and those deposits began arriving on the 20th, and then the 21st, then the 22nd, and so forth. Creeping on later and later. I know who is paying me so I contact them to ask when they paid LS, and invariably it was always a few days before I was making the inquiry.

Now I admit, one of my best merchants pays late on purpose. They have some kind of deal with LS, and can pay the invoice later on in the month, and now they are creeping later as well due to the economy no doubt. They are a big public company so they have the "stock thing" going for them.

Anyway, this month I confirmed that my merchant paid their LS invoice on the 26th, and the direct deposit still has not shown up in my bank account. Yes the merchant did pay later than usual, which is later than old usual, but now it is a guessing game as to when that payment is going to arrive.

Do any of you LS affiliates have this problem, or is it just lucky me? LS support is never any help, but I always write to them anyway to keep the issue on the que. They write form letters of course. They usually write back in one day, but this time there has not even been a letter back in 2 days.

I really wish LS would be as reliable as some of these other networks. They are among the oldest in the industry, but seem to be somewhat behind the times. On time payments are especially important in this terrible economy do you agree? Will LS ever get on the mark?

This morning I checked, and the Linkshare payment is still not in my bank account. So, I checked email and there was the response from Linkshare. They said the payment had not been received from the merchant. So, I wrote again to my merchant contact and he wrote back immediately with a short note saying the payment had been made as he already told me.

So, here sits the affiliate, not paid for January and wondering who is telling the truth? I imagine this is how things are going to be in this new economy. Everyone is saying different things. I wonder if other affiliates of this merchant have been paid. I am guessing not.

Oh well, since I am just a single affiliate, there is not a big priority to pay me I guess. Since I am the Affiliate Old Guy, I can wait it out. I will come in and post if this payment ever show up.

15 years and counting
    Last time I had a look at the Merchant Payment History, one of my merchants was six month late paying.
    This morning I get that in Synergy Analytics
    "View Display Error
    Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW)"

Is it getting worse? I don't think so. Merchants have always been late paying at LinkShare and it's not going to get better.

Your payment may have been sent by the merchant and not yet received by LinkShare. Nothing exceptional. If you want to know more give us the name of your merchant. Without a name it's just speculations.

No speculation here, just caution
    After 11 years of affiliate marketing, I am careful to remain anonymous in matters of this kind. I am afraid of retaliation by either party. I can't afford to give up any revenue streams. I just posted this stuff to see if others had the same problem. These facts are real, but revealing the merchant would serve no purpose. Hey, do you know how merchants make their payments? Do they drop a check in the mail, or do they send it electronically?

15 years and counting
    Even if you give us the name of the merchant, you're still anonymous.

Hmm, Linkshare now pays weekly. For example I had payments on 2/6, 2/13, & 2/27 (must not have had any that came in for 2/20). So if your merchant paid on 2/26, you probably just missed the 2/27 payment and will receive it in March. That would probably be today or possibly next week if Linkshare really has not received the payment.

I got a check from Linksuck yesterday ... wonder of wonders ... how did I get credit for a sale?

A buyer actually made it thru the maze of Toolbar thieves, cookie stealers and the infamous commission did not count - noncommisionable category.

Some one at Linksuck screwed up no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    Hmm, Linkshare now pays weekly.
    I have never seen any weekly payments from LS. I get paid once a month around the 2nd usually, but never weekly. I assume this is because the merchants I sell for pay that way?

What I do know, if these merchants went through SAS the payment would be right on time, exactly on time, every month. Waiting for payments is not fun because we affiliates are at least half of this equation.

Lots of folks do not agree obviously.

Whoops I misquoted the day I get paid
    I know this is dumb, but in the post just above I said I usually get paid each month by LS on the 2nd, but I meant to say 22nd. I get paid on the 22nd or so, but it varies every month, and this month it obviously has gone way beyond that day as it is now the end of the day on the 6th of March, and I am still waiting for my January sales to be paid.

This is really going to be interesting since LS is saying they did not receive it yet, and the merchant told me emphatically that they sent to to LS on the 26th of Feb. I wonder if they send by mail or what? Anyway, the weekend is here and I am getting off for the weekend. I might take another look at the forum on Sunday evening. Maybe the deposit will show up on Monday.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiliateoldguy
    This is really going to be interesting since LS is saying they did not receive it yet, and the merchant told me emphatically that they sent to to LS on the 26th of Feb. I wonder if they send by mail or what?
    I used to run Wyndham Vacation Resorts program on Linkshare. If a merchant pays via check, they will only pay affiliates when the check clears, which I totally understand. Nobody wants to take the risk if the merchant's check bounces.

We usually pay on time but if somebody at the check dispensing dept falls asleep, we are late in snail mailing the check in. On one or two occassions, there was a delay on LS's part in clearning the check.

I think a good model for LS to adopt is SAS's model. Pay-as-you-go. In this way, both companies (Linkshare-merchant) shuffles less paper work (not to mention, less labor cost in billing, collections, etc), it's more efficient for affiliates too as they get paid sooner.

@net4biz, if you do not like Linkshare, quit their program. I am not trying to be mean but in affiliate marketing, you are free to join any network. No point calling people or companies, Linksuck as that it gets you nowhere nor are you taken seriously.

What Cathy said.

This isn't Linkshare paying late. They issue checks weekly. When or whether you get paid depends on when or whether whoever owes you money pays them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Now it is March 9th and the payment from Linkshare is not in my bank account. As I stated, the merchant is emphatic that they sent the payment on the 26th, so there has been plenty of time for my commissions to be paid. This is really getting worrisome as the payment has never been this late. In fact, they are getting irritated with me for asking about it. LS support is saying the payment has not been received from this merchant. My payment from this merchant through LS is a significant amount and I rely on it each month. There is surely something else going on that I am unable to find out about.

Do any of you have a good contact at LS that I can call to find out if the merchant has really sent the check? Also, this merchant must have lots of affiliates besides me. If I have not been paid, then certainly they have not either.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiliateoldguy
    Also, this merchant must have lots of affiliates besides me. If I have not been paid, then certainly they have not either.
    Perhaps, which is why you should provide the merchants name. It's hard to compare notes when we don't have all of the information.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

If I knew you personally I would consider telling you, but I always worry about retaliation from the merchant in a case like this. If they try to stiff me altogether then you can bet I will be revealing their name, the AMs name, and all of it. I just want to be careful at this point until I know what is happening here. Linkshare support has informed me they are still working on it with a 2nd email, so I am going to give it one or 2 more days to see if it comes in through ACH. I am beginning to suspect the company is at fault in the matter, not LS. This company had a brand new AM, so I am thinking that might be some of the problem, not sure though.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread