Product Details data feed
    Hello!

I found information about data feed with product's price. It's clear for me now.
    But I wonder Is there any where data feed with product details?

For example, I want to build a table of product properties during product comparison.

I understand that the task depend on kind of product category.

Thanx

You probably have to look for URL of the product detail page, same like image URL,
    but not sure.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Eevery datafeed is different so you'd have to open each feed and see if there are custom fields, etc. with the data you need or see if the details are in the product description and then map that data (different configuration for each feed) into your own table's fields for each trait you're looking for and then display those fields :-) Later hope the next time they change the feed, they don't move the info.

It is not a complicated process, but it would be very time consuming and mind-numbingly tedious. That would be on my list right next to remapping datafeed categories and scrubbing the toilet.

It looks like Krendel is asking how to grab product details to his product comparison table, for computers, probably. He understand how to get the price, but confuse how the spec appear in CSE, because no datafeed examples to show that. Honestly, I confuse myself. I think it's URL to merchant's page with product details, coded to show just this table - just a guess
    Last edited by Hermes7; May 4th, 2009 at 02:50 AM.

Hello!
    Thank you for your suggestion to solve the question

You can try and see if there is an api that offers that information. Most times an api has more options/info available then a datafeed. For instance Amazon offers detailed product info with specs, several images, reviews etcetc

Quote Originally Posted by edynas
    You can try and see if there is an api that offers that information. Most times an api has more options/info available then a datafeed. For instance Amazon offers detailed product info with specs, several images, reviews etcetc
    Do you mean spec for computers and other electronics to compare products?
    Do you have URL for that Amazon's API? I have tried CJ, nothing like that.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...tail/main.html

In the response of the api there is a part that's called ItemAtributes. in it are subgroups with data like features, brand, model, ean, upc code etcetc. You have to do a regexpress if you want to have certain specs as there is no fixed return of features. Mostly in the same category it's the same subgroups but don't always count on it.

Thanks edynas for your help.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread