Is anyone having any luck implementing eBay's new editor kit? I tried to use their kit this morning, I got through all the steps and was faced with a "We are sorry, but we were unable to process your request. Please check the eBay Announcement Board for updates on recent and upcoming changes, major system issues, and other important eBay news." message. Nothing on their Announcement Board mentioned this kit being down.

Has anyone tried to use this lately?

Thanks,

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

Just checked my site to see if it was still working, and it is. It usually generates $10-15 a day between nickels and registrations.

Haven't tried to build a new one recently, though, so i don't know if they've cancelled it.

Ralph,

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I was able to work around it by taking scripts I had already generated and editing them.

I just signed in and tried to create a link, and this time it worked just fine. So, maybe you just need to wait awhile.

This new kit is phenomenal! I've gone from $10-$15 per day to $50 to $100 per day from ebay.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

I've been trying for the past 3 days, and all I get is the error message.

Well, I have to say that this sucks. Some affiliates get to use the new kit, while the rest of us must wait for someone at eBay to get off their butt to fix the code. If it's been down for a few days, that doesn't leave much hope that it will be working in the very near future.

Ralph

quote:
    Originally posted by Ralph Slate:
    Well, I have to say that this sucks. Some affiliates get to use the new kit

I was using it fine, but now it just gives an error after the create code step - those already created seem to work fine though, so I guess modifying parameters within that existing code for new ones would work out.

That's fine and dandy for those who had a chance to create an instance, and thus have something to modify.

I've been using Ebay's affiliate program at CJ for a couple months now (quite happy with it, BTW), but I cannot get the editor kit to work. I get the same message that Ralph gets.

Someone want to throw out a sample script, with their PID numbers replaced with XXXs? I know the category # I want to search, and I know the term I want to use, but without something to hack... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,

-Dan

Just tried getting an answer from Ebay's "Live Support" on this. They say it's CJ's problem. Transcript of help session follows:

quote:
    You are now chatting with 'Brad'

Brad: Welcome to Live Help! How may I assist you?

dansdisques: I'm an existing affiliate via Commission Junction. For some reason, regardless of how I fill out the editor kit form, it just generates a generic error message. There are other affiliates having the same problem. If the editor kit has been disabled, there should be a message to that effect. This is very discouraging.

Brad: One moment

dansdisques: The URL it ends up spitting back is the following: http://pages.ebay.com/unavailable/default-error.html

Brad: I just found out that we don't support that on here via live help or at ebay. One of our engineers tells me that you will need to contact Commission Junction about that.

dansdisques: ??? The pages are on Ebay's servers, not CJ.

dansdisques: http://pages.ebay.com/api/editorkit.html, for example.

Brad: I understand that, but they will handle the support issues for it.

dansdisques: Ok, thanks

Has anyone gotten the editor kit links to work with SID's?

thx
    - Ed

quote:
    Originally posted by Danimal:
    Someone want to throw out a sample script, with their PID numbers replaced with XXXs?

<script language="javascript" src="http://lapi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EKServer&ai=seb%7Fh%60l%7Ff&prvd=1&track=XXXXXX&srchdesc=n&si=&catid=10768&minprice=&maxprice=&endtime=y&numbid=y&width=500&height=&num=22&popup=y&query=State%20Quarters&hdrcolor=0033FF&bdrcolor=0033FF&fs=0&fntcolor=000000&siteid=0&sortby=endtime&sortdir=asc">

500px wide (minimum as configured, you can go wider but not narrower) with blue 0033FF header and frame color, showing 22 bids (out of a max of 25 as I recall) with a search term of State Quarters also using the state quarters category of 10768.

quote:
    Originally posted by Danimal:
    Brad: I understand that, but they will handle the support issues for it.

So, I just went there and set it up for non affiliate to make the code to see if it worked then, and the same error - I submit that "Brad" was just trying to dump the support "call" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

ShoreMark,
    Thank you for posting that script. But you forgot to add the </script> tag at the end.

quote:
    Originally posted by Vampyre:
    ShoreMark,
    Thank you for posting that script. But you forgot to add the tag at the end.

Whoops, it's in my original. I've switched it out with other categories and search terms with success, so I'm sure you'll be fine. The following leaves out the bid times so can be narrower (I believe 120px min.) and is set at 130px wide, showing 15 instances of a max 25 in category 20535 (vegetable seeds) search term Tomato (the paste here is stripping that last tag out it seems - probably protecting me from myself and letting you see it - so add it back in again when you use it)

<script language="javascript" src="http://lapi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EKServer&ai=seb%7Fh%60l%7Ff&prvd=1&track=XXXXXX&srchdesc=n&si=&catid=20535&minprice=&maxprice=&endtime=n&numbid=n&width=130&height=0&num=15&popup=y&query=Tomato&hdrcolor=009900&bdrcolor=ccccCC&fs=0&fntcolor=000000&siteid=0&sortby=endtime&sortdir=asc">

ABW Ambassador
    Do you have to sign up for it as a separate thing to CJ. I wanted to use it but they forced me to register at ebay.co.uk and I only want to use the .com ebay.

Anyone let me know if that is possible for a UK publisher?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

quote:
    Originally posted by perfectG:
    Do you have to sign up for it as a separate thing to CJ.

Didn't have to sign up for it separately, but did have to create a consumer eBay account to get to the tool creation page where you enter your CJ ID before creating links (yes, I was one of those that never used eBay before).

Sorry, have no idea if it's applicable for UK links or not.

I figured it out somewhat; I picked a search term, but did not fill in the category, and it worked. When I put in the category, it gave me the error field; however, there is a line in the tag that says "&category=&" -- the category was not filled in. When I made it "&category=888&", it limited the search to just that category.

However, I was not able to set things to produce search results for just one userid (mine!). I run auctions from time to time, and it would be great if I could expose my 10,000 visitors a day to those auctions -- and hopefully drive the prices up a bit.

Ralph

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread