Goldencan search engine is slow
    I added a Goldencan search on my website and when I search for a product, the results are slow. The search and stores are in javascript. I am using website tonight and it does not support PHP coding. The website is [url]topusstores.com . Is there something I can do to make it faster? Is there a limit of how many stores I have included with the search? I currently have 27 stores included with the search. Each store included in the search is on a seperate page on my website.

Please help.
    Thanks

Well, to start with. If you are using javascript you will have no sales or traffic to your site because The Search Engines will see nothing but a blank page when they try to index the page.

When you put stuff on a page with javascript it is not written on your page - nothing there. You're wasting your time if you use javascript.

When using php the information is written on your page so there is information for a SE to index.

Wherever you're hosting - you need to get rid of the host you have now and get a real place to host your website. What are you using - a free host.

Just about all hosting companies have php for you to use.

ABW Ambassador
    Your site looks like a banner farm to me.

After looking at your website you are wasting your time completely even having it.

It is nothing but a banner farm. Every category you go to is nothing but banners and site navigation links.

To sell anything you need to have text links and some content about each merchant so customers will want to click on the text link after reading what your content tells them about the merchant.

I am new at al this. My website is with website tonight (Go Daddy) I am gonna change the banners. It was the first thing I did. I have gotten some sales with it. Thanks for the info.
    Has anybody had any experience with website tonight? Do they support PHP?

GoDaddy hosting has some known issues with GoldenCan scripts, I'd look for a better host. Do a search here to see the problems others have had there.

The search on my website is now working fine. I am eventually gonna get rid of the banners and put more text link. The big problem Is that I am using javascript, because I dont think website tonight supports PHP code. Other than that the website works fine. If you do a search for Top US stores , It is the 2nd result on the front page.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread