Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador joyaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    516
    I like the new INACTIVE IN DATAFEED icon
    The new "Inactive in Datafeed" icon really stands out. I like it.

    Sometimes I have products that do not show an image in the datafeed, but actually do show in the preview and live. I'm wondering if these will continue to say "no image" as before. If anyone runs across that situation, let us know what shows up in the shopbuilder.

    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    The new "Inactive in Datafeed" icon really stands out. I like it.

    Sometimes I have products that do not show an image in the datafeed, but actually do show in the preview and live. I'm wondering if these will continue to say "no image" as before. If anyone runs across that situation, let us know what shows up in the shopbuilder.
    Care to explain what icon you're talking about and where you find it? I've looked at Popshops at a couple of my sites in the edit view and see nothing like what you're talking about.
    Generate more fake news.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador joyaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    516
    It's a small orange circle with an exclamation point in the center with the words "inactive in datafeed" below. It appears in place of a product in the columnar view (when editing a shop) when a product is inactive. It's new to me - today is the first time I've seen this placeholder image.

    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

  4. #4
    The Seal of Aproval rematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    4,140
    I wasn't sure whether to ask this question here or to start a new thread but since this relates to Inactive/Unavailable products and I'm already here...

    In all of my shops I've selected "Replace it with a similar product until the original becomes available again" as my resolution for inactive products, however what's actually happening in every instance that I've found is that the product is not being shown and there are no replacement products. Unless the number of unavailable products is divisible by the number of products that I have in each row, the last row on every page is always incomplete. This really looks bad when using autofeed and every page has an uneven number of products on the last line.

    Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I wasn't sure whether to ask this question here or to start a new thread but since this relates to Inactive/Unavailable products and I'm already here...

    In all of my shops I've selected "Replace it with a similar product until the original becomes available again" as my resolution for inactive products, however what's actually happening in every instance that I've found is that the product is not being shown and there are no replacement products. Unless the number of unavailable products is divisible by the number of products that I have in each row, the last row on every page is always incomplete. This really looks bad when using autofeed and every page has an uneven number of products on the last line.

    Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

    I see the same "uneven number of products on the last line" on many of my pages as well.

    Last night I spend hours to manually "delete all" and re-select products for those pages.

    I've complained enough about popshops issues lately and I'm getting to the point to downgrade my $30/mo plan to $5/mo, or maybe dump popshops as a whole in the future.

    There are many more important issues need to be addressed and a long list of "to-do" wishes from popshops users. I don't understand why popshops spend their time on this "orange inactive icon" idea instead of pushing those long-waiting important functions on our wishlist.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2008
    Posts
    72
    Hey mayfly,

    We are hard at work on a lot of big issues, including many from the wishlist. I was in fixing some issues relating to how the products are laid out inside of the shopbuilder, and tangentially updated the image used to indicate a product is inactive. The functionality always existed, and that image always existed, I merely updated the wording and icon to call more attention to itself and more accurately reflect the idea that the products are 'inactive' in the datafeed, not necessarily unavailable from the merchant.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2008
    Posts
    72
    If you are having issues with an uneven number of autofeed products replacing inactive products, that is definitely something we should look at. Send me a url to some of the shops through support, or email me directly, and I'll see what is going on.

  8. #8
    The Seal of Aproval rematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    4,140
    Dan, that'll have to wait for new ones. I've spent the last 2 mornings replacing the inactive products in all of my shops. I'll probably have more by tomorrow and I'll shoot you a link.

    -rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador Caseyfern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Location
    Yes, sadly I'm in California
    Posts
    518
    Loving the concept of it. The icon itself is difficult to differentiate from actual product thumbnails on the right column displays. Or perhaps that's just my bad eyesight...
    Be at peace,
    Casey

    Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

  10. #10
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    The icon itself is difficult to differentiate from actual product thumbnails on the right column displays. Or perhaps that's just my bad eyesight...
    I have a hard time differentiating it from product images, too. The old one was easier to identify. My vision is very impaired but my up close vision is perfect. It's not your eyesight, Caseyfern. :-)
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  11. #11
    Full Member JessieJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    426
    The wishlist items that have been noted are in testing. Replacing an icon to help with a frequent support issue is simply replacing an image in a database. If that's not perfect we can always replace it, add a red border, something like that.

    Mayfly, if we just threw together complex projects, your site could break altogether. There's a good deal of Q&A that happens in order to release to beta - lots of places that the logic touches, bugs that need to be fixed, browsers that need to be tested.

    That's what life is like in product development.

    Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    Mayfly, if we just threw together complex projects, your site could break altogether.
    Jessie
    Have I ever asked for any complex projects? As a matter of fact, I like simple funtions that works rather than some fancy stuff.

    Orange icons, red lines, or whatever it was before, I don't mind at all. What I care more is when we will see those functions that have been requested several times since last year, such as folders, products sorting...

  13. #13
    Full Member JessieJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    Have I ever asked for any complex projects? As a matter of fact, I like simple funtions that works rather than some fancy stuff.
    All of those are integrated into the system, many have been designed and are being tested now. Yes, those are complex from a development perspective when you have a system.

    Take care,
    Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

  14. #14
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,477
    What can I say, you are always right, Jesse.
    Got some work to do. Bye Bye!

  15. #15
    ABW Ambassador JoyUnltd's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2005
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    2,019
    Just to give another heads up on the new icons. I liked them even without the blue background.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador Caseyfern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2007
    Location
    Yes, sadly I'm in California
    Posts
    518
    LOVE the new blue!
    Be at peace,
    Casey

    Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

  17. #17
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Thanks for the blue background! I can see them easily now. :-)
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Icon Maintenance
    By Rhia7 in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM
  2. Icon editor
    By zimmy in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2004, 01:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •