how to clean up list of websites on CJ profile
    hi,

A recent update on CJ control panel made available the option to delete old website on Publisher profile.

If a specific website is deleted and traffic and or sale/lead is generated from the deleted PID, does it still track that specific transaction as valid?

I am thinking of cleaning up my list of websites on CJ but worried that traffic from old websites would get voided because it is no longer listed on my account. I still have old free geocities and free hosted sites working and making occassional sales. some dating back as early as 2002 :P
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

If those old sites are still live (and still generating occasional sales), why delete them?

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    If those old sites are still live (and still generating occasional sales), why delete them?

thanks for the reply.

i think it would be a better if the affiliates' portfolio as seen from the merchants' side would only list professionally built affiliate sites and not my very own html site developed 8 years ago . Affiliates would probably have a better approving rate. My default primary PID is a geocities freebie site
    [url=http://abestweb.com/][B][COLOR=Red]Affiliate Marketing Forum[/COLOR][/B][/url]

Yeah I'm with you there. I finally deleted my original site (from 2004) a while ago. It hadn't been live for a long time but I'd been using the PID for some old direct-linking campaigns for a while.

When I get rejected now I send a note to the rejector explaining why I applied and why I thought a certain website would be a good fit. Especially effective if they only saw the default "geocities"-type site and hit the button.

You can just change the address associated with that PID to present a more professional face to advertisers, while continuing to track sales from that PID.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread