Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Watchmen
    Anybody else seen Watchmen? WOW - it's a GREAT film!

The music was exceptional and every aspect of production was brilliant. I highly recommend seeing this one, especially if you're into sci-fi and graphic novel movies. There is some pretty intense and graphic violence which would normally make me sick but it was so much a part of the film that cutting the intensity of it would have weakened the movie.

Oh and ladies ... Billy Cruddup full frontal nudity was way cool, even with blue makeup.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I like sci-fi but guess I won't be taking my son to that one!

Oh and ladies ... Billy Cruddup full frontal nudity was way cool, even with blue makeup.
    Dunno who Billy Cruddup is... but movie sounds good already

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    I'd love to see this movie, but no one around me likes this kind of movie Maybe I will check it out by myself or wait till it goes on DVD....

Watchmen was not designed as a kiddie movie. I'll be seeing it as I almost never miss a Sci Fi or Fantasy flick but I could do without the full frontal nudity.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I saw Watchmen over the weekend at an IMAX theater. I never read the graphic novels, so I had nothing to base it on. Visually, the movie is awesome. But, the movie itself just didn't do it for me.

... and when did IMAX movie ticket prices jump to $15? Sheesh!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    i might catch it over the weekend..

Watched Taken and Defiance.. both highly recommended shows

Affiliate Manager
    I'm a fan of the graphic novel. So, I'm a little worried that they took such a massive amount of material, and squished into a film. That said, the film is a separate work of art, so it could be interesting on its own. But based on all the hype and and the disappointment from people who've seen it, I'm hesitating...

I hated the movie. There were a couple of good parts, but otherwise looking at the movie from a whole it was terrible. I should have never wasted my money at the movies and rented it on DVD. I wasn't even looking for "action" as much as a good plot line and some decent acting, and very few (just a couple of exceptions) were halfway decent actors.

As many have said all over the net this was a movie you either loved or hated.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm surprised that not everyone is in awe of this film. I think it's brilliant all across the board.

It's the first film in years where I've been blown away by the song casting - simply awesome choices in music across the entire film. Not period perfect but dead on.

I didn't know anything about the story before seeing the movie so I had no expectations.

Ladidah, depending on your son's age, he'd probably love this film. The graphic violence is pretty gory in places so that's a choice you need to make. The full frontal nudity isn't ever sexual. The guy's just walking around naked most of the movie. LOL
    Billy Crudup was in Almost Famous. Been watching for him since then. Watchmen will make him an A-lister. :-)

I'd highly recommend seeing this on the big screen - so much visual to take in, DVD wouldn't do it justice.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTyler
    ... and when did IMAX movie ticket prices jump to $15? Sheesh!
    You will never guess how much Japanese people pay to see movies in Japan. It's around $28... Isn't that crazy?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread