How Can Affiliate Marketers Profit From The Stimulus Package?
    I haven't had a chance to go over the OBAMA stimulus package and the soon to be signed government spending bill ... but what I have seen suggests there may be some interesting opportunities for affiliate marketers.

One idea, I think might be interesting is using EBAY to list equipment and 'stuff' necessary for construction products.

Another is the raise in the rates of Pell Grants for college students to over $4,500 ... this might make lead generation for online colleges more appealing
    and generate more leads.

What's your take on how we all can benefit from the so-called "FREE Money," some one is going to have to pay for down the road?

I'm working hard to increase my revenue by at least 25%.. to pay for the 'stimulus' package..
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

Put up links to fabreze? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29534876...287/?Gt1=45002

*Note not a political post - just trying to be cute in an obviously opportunistic post.
    BTW, really cute pig pic no?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Heather@Stacks's Avatar
    Focus on Home Security products. I've seen a big increase in sales of home safes, etc. Folks want to hang on to what little they have.

Heh, you missed the direct affiliate opportunity to cash in on the "stimulus" - http://www.clickz.com/3633002 .

I'm not a big fan of the "I got a $12,000 Stimulus Check" ads leading to a fake blog that links to a grant program.

I'm also not a big fan of Google for allowing all of these fake blog style landing page campaigns that offer free trials and then rip people off when they don't realize the free trial starts when the product is ordered and not when received.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Put up links to fabreze? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29534876...287/?Gt1=45002

*Note not a political post - just trying to be cute in an obviously opportunistic post.
    BTW, really cute pig pic no?
    Definitely a cute pig pic.

And for all who would make light of this study -- read the story and believe a small-town Nebraska/South Dakota kid when I say: The Iowans commenting in the story have got a serious point. Try living within breathing distance of large hog farms and I bet you'd wish the amount was $2 or $3 million more at least!
    Generate more fake news.

"BTW, really cute pig pic no?"
    awwwwwwh he/she is a really cute little piggie This will sound really silly but first job was for a market research company that owned the most popular magazine amongst farmers. One day they had this short film about piggies and showed little piglets. They were the cutest little guys and remember they had real long eyelashes. lol Sooooo cute

Agree with writerguy. Talked to somebody quite a few years ago from Iowa that complained about it. They are reaaalllllllly large corporate type hog farms and really do stink.

As to the question. Supposed to be incentives for home buyers so maybe mortgage type programs or anything really related to buying a new home might be a good idea. Haven't read any bills to know what all the incentives are cept I know there's supposed to be somethin for small businesses, too. Maybe energy savings type things?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2
    I'm not a big fan of the "I got a $12,000 Stimulus Check" ads leading to a fake blog that links to a grant program.

I'm also not a big fan of Google for allowing all of these fake blog style landing page campaigns that offer free trials and then rip people off when they don't realize the free trial starts when the product is ordered and not when received.
    File a complaint with the FTC.
    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

I filed against a group guaranteeing government grants. Did the leg work, pointed out who they were, why it was false, where they advertised, all their fake sites etc. Actually got a small check when they settled with the FTC. Didn't actually cover my costs and I framed it instead of cashing it, but well worth putting a scumbag out of business.

Chet

That's great chetf!

As affiliate marketers, we need people to have confidence in clicking on ads.

This is why I am perplexed why Google is allowing the grant, diet berry/colon cleanse types to advertise so much. Fake blog landing pages leave people feeling duped when they see articles about how they are fake. They especially feel duped when they have their credit card charged huge amounts and can't get answers.

Maybe I'm just a little extra peeved because I see all these fake blog ads on the Google network trying to rip people off, but Google tells me my peace site isn't relevant to the keyword "peace"
    Last edited by OICUAM2; March 12th, 2009 at 08:57 PM.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

The package will effect affiliates, as the money is being pushed to different states and funding great big idealists, with empty pockets we can offer them a coupon.....or if you are in a lending sector of this crazy world you can change your url to thestimulusloan.dumb. I don't see how any of the stimulus package is going to affect me personally, I am cold hearted when I say that I could care less if my neighbor was laid off good maybe he will forclose and I can finally buy his house knock it down like I did the other 2 houses and finally have my back yard. ok I am in a bad mood!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread