Question Merchant invited me to inhouse aff program
    I was running a campaign with a cj.com merchant. They contacted me directly and "invited" me to participate in their inhouse aff program. I did for about a week.

Soon thereafter, I get an email stating that the payout will be lowered yet I see no change on the CJ.com program regarding a lowered payout.

Anyone care to explaint what really happened here?

I am removing all links from my site and will no longer work with this merchant, but would like to hear what y'all think.

thanks

ABW Ambassador
    >>Anyone care to explaint what really happened here?

Looks like your have chosen a SCUM merchant!

ABW Ambassador
    Just swap your links to the ones from CJ, that is if you still want to promote them.

If it was a private offer, you shd have some contact with them. Ask for an explanation. See what they have to say.

Send them an email asking whats up. I think the merchant is actually doing you a favor. Have you had sales with them already?
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

re
    When you say the merchant is doing me a favor, I assume you mean by getting me out of the CJ.com system. My conversions on cj were lower...

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    since the merchant saves on the network fees , shouldn't pay out go up not down? Or at least remain same.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyPlanetTravel
    since the merchant saves on the network fees , shouldn't pay out go up not down? Or at least remain same.
    As a hypothetical I'd have to agree, but it might be the merchant taking advantage or maybe trying to migrate everyone off of CJ. Though they should have realized you can't migrate or entice migration with a lower payout.

Unfortunately it might also be a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing if there's more than one person managing their program and one is trying to get you to come in-house and the one managing CJ doesn't realize it (Hope that makes sense; seemed clearer in my head than when I put it into words lol).

Its been only one contact all along. They are still active on cj.com. I just hope they pay me what I produced while working thru the inhouse program.

Quote the email inviting you for new program and send it to CJ as this merchant is violating CJ TOS.
    [URL="tinyurl.com/p4wpj"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdWords [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="tinyurl.com/hphom"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]Commission Junction [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="http://tinyurl.com/nh6fc"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdSense[/COLOR] Community[/URL]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread