Direct Linking?
    Maybe someone can help me out. Is there some trick to posting direct links in adwords? I see tons of ads that are obviously hop links to publisher pages and they don't appear to be redirected. How do they do this? I have tried several different ways and usually get an error saying something about inaccurate URL. I finally found a way to do it, but then ran into a new problem. Once someone clicked on my ad, it went to the publisher site with my hop nickname in the link. Great, except for the fact that once they continued on to the "order" page, there was some other affiliate's name at the bottom. I'm so confused. Please help. lol.
    Thanks,

ABW Ambassador
    Google requires that the display url and the destination url shd match.

If your destination is mysite.com/landingapge, your display url shd be mysite.com. Anything else will be rejected.

The only way you can have direct linking is by having the merchant's url (if the merchant allows it) to be your display url. Then you can have your aff link in the destination url, which will go to the merchant site.

Thank you. That makes sense. How do you know if the merchant will allow their url to be in the display url though?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by trenttdogg
    Thank you. That makes sense. How do you know if the merchant will allow their url to be in the display url though?
    That's in their terms you agree to while joining them. If you don't know, ask before you start your ads.

One thing to remember though, google allows only one ad per url on a search page. Say the merchant allows usage of their url in the ads, potentially there are many affiliates (those who are direct linking) with ads with the merchnat url. But Google will display only one ad. So the highest bidder's ad will dispaly. Your ad may never see the light of the day. Your ad will need to compete with other ads on the basis of bid price and ad quality etc, plus your ad will also compete with other ads having the same display url.

can I alter the display with a unique word...example...the destination url is jimsbbqsauce.com.... can I put something like review.jimsbbqsauce.com as the display?

ABW Ambassador
    You can if the final destination is also in the same subdomain on the merchant site, review.jimsbbqsauce.com/productpage.html. If its www.jimsbbqsauce.com/productpage.html, then you are out of luck.

In either case your ad will compete with all other affiliates direct linking.

This is specific to google adwords rules.

Affiliate Manager
    Most of the merchant right now already have bidding policy. I suggest that you read their policy carefully and communicate with the manager clearly on the points which you are confused.

Your redirect online campaign may be reported by some 3rd parties CA services providers.

I suggest you to make a "value page" to the visitor. It will help you to get higher ROI when you compare the services with lots of other merchant.

What is the other publisher know the same secret of your redirect keywords ? your revenue will become less and less until you made the difference.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread