Lightbulb Wish List Addition: Highlighted Merchant Names
    If you're in the mood to make a small enhancement, Dan...
    It'd be so cool if the merchant name in left column got a highlight or a bold or a different text color if that merchant has a product in the current shop.

I know we can go to the 3rd tab and try to find which merchants are already on the shop, but when I'm trying to add one product from each of 60 different merchants, that gets painful real fast.

I can't really read the 3rd tab's merchant list without zooming in like crazy, which then makes the 1st tab's contents and style editing window unusable.

Just a thought, but one that I think a lot of other people would appreciate as well.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

I'd second that request.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Ooooo while we're asking for goodies ...

A way to select only merchant we are affiliated with would be sweet. We can each check off the merchants we are partnered with and avoid the ones we're not.

Seeing what merchants have products we're trying to promote is good, too but if our chosen merchants were highlighted or a different color, that owuld be ideal.

Also, being able to find the products in each shop by specific merchant would be great. When a merchant goes offline, I have to find each product to remove it. Yes, I know we can delete all products of a specific merchant but I don't use the Javascript function so I can't rely on that to remove them from my pages.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Ooooo while we're asking for goodies ...

A way to select only merchant we are affiliated with would be sweet. We can each check off the merchants we are partnered with and avoid the ones we're not.

Seeing what merchants have products we're trying to promote is good, too but if our chosen merchants were highlighted or a different color, that owuld be ideal.

Also, being able to find the products in each shop by specific merchant would be great. When a merchant goes offline, I have to find each product to remove it. Yes, I know we can delete all products of a specific merchant but I don't use the Javascript function so I can't rely on that to remove them from my pages.
    Do filters not work for you? I use dozens of them to produce separate merchant lists. I do wish there were a way to sort the filter list itself - alphabetically, by creation date, etc. but other than that, they are lifesavers.

I'd also love to see the merchant filters handled in a separate tab instead of a dropdown (which takes ages to load and can't be resized). But that'd probably be a lot of back-office coding, and I sense that the PopShops team is already putting in 36-hour days as it is!

As far as removing products from specific merchants: If the Javascript isn't working well for you, try opening a separate window for the Shopbuilder, leaving the Product tab open in the back one. It makes it a snap to pick the shops one by one and delete the specific products. Just refresh the back window once in a while to keep it current.

See how it goes, Dan? Give us one fantastic new toy and suddenly we want ten more!
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    Do filters not work for you? I use dozens of them to produce separate merchant lists. I do wish there were a way to sort the filter list itself - alphabetically, by creation date, etc. but other than that, they are lifesavers.
    Duh - I'll go futz around and try to figure out if I have that option. I'm not on the big plan, just the minimal so might not have access to everything you do.

I'd also love to see the merchant filters handled in a separate tab instead of a dropdown (which takes ages to load and can't be resized). But that'd probably be a lot of back-office coding, and I sense that the PopShops team is already putting in 36-hour days as it is!
    Geeeeeeze, I have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds interesting, though. LOL Gonna have to investigate what I'm missing.

I've found that the Pop Shops site itself is loading much faster the past week. Whatever happened to make it zoom is a great improvement.

As far as removing products from specific merchants: If the Javascript isn't working well for you, try opening a separate window for the Shopbuilder, leaving the Product tab open in the back one. It makes it a snap to pick the shops one by one and delete the specific products. Just refresh the back window once in a while to keep it current.
    Another DUH moment here. I'll figure it out and play around. Sounds like an answer to one of my prayers. Thank you!!!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Very welcome!

PopShops has grown phenomenally and I know I, for one, tend to take its capabilities for granted on occasion. I'm grateful to the PopShops team for their consistent improvement processes - and I don't say thank you often enough to these fine folks.

Jessie, Dan, Matt, Angel - and anyone I've missed: Thank you. Your hard work and exceptional dedication is making it possible for me to run my business smoothly and efficiently in less than 24 hours a day.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread