Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up Product Ad Widget Public BETA
    The Product Ad Widget (PAW) public BETA is now live. Please take a look at this new functionality. To access the PAW click "Tools" on the main menu, then under the Product Ad Widget BETA heading click "Create a new Product Ad Widget (BETA)".

We appreciate any and all feedback on our Affiliate tools.
    The Product Ad Widget has three widget display options.
    1. Product Display - This is the default html widget that can be integrated using JavaScript or using the server side language of your choice.
    2. Content Match Ad Widget - This widget provides the same options as above, but products are returned based on a keyword analysis of the content on the calling website page.
    3. Flash Widget - This is a carousel type flash widget that also has an integrated product search option.

Besides having a completely new configuration interface, the Product Ad Widget adds several new functionality components that have been requested over the last six months or so.
    • You can now apply the layout and design configuration from a previously saved display widget to your current configuration making for much faster configuration time.
    • You can now add products from multiple merchants into one display.
    • The ability to easily search for products within a single merchant datafeed or across multiple merchants and easily add the results to your display widget.
    • Built in pagination of product results in your widget.
    • A new Flash carousel style product widget.
    • A couple default style widgets (block and round) that are very easy to customize as well as a no template wrapper option for full page displays and an advanced option that lets you create your own widget HTML.
    Read more on our blog: Product Ad Widget Public BETA

Okay, Gary, I'm actually starting to figure out how to use this thing. I can get a widget put together that just about suits me BUT --

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add something to the display like "Sale Price," which I would really like to do. With the old PDB, I had finally fiddled around and found a way to add the tags (or whatever you call them) for Sale Price -- and even how to make that appear in a different color font.

But I cannot figure out within the PAW how to do that. Even using the "Advanced" HTML editing, I cannot get how to insert the Sale Price and/or WHERE to insert it, how to modify it, etc.

Any tips? Hints? Suggestions?
    Generate more fake news.

I'm sooo proud of my non-techie little brain. Granted this was not somethin real elaborate probably like the rest of ya but figured I would go in there to see what it was like and ta dahhhh. I made one and it turned out just fine.....no deep breaths or anything. Shoulda taken notes cos not sure the next time will be so easy lol but least no panic now. Have to admit I still like the old product display builder cos it just isn't so intimidating for one of us non techie types lol but after making one, think it'll be ok.

And.....now to makin his little ears burn. Have to admit there was a bit of conufsion for me. I made it and everything looked just fine. Got the page online and none of my links had underlines to em. Asked support and they fixed it for me already. (have said this before but AL's support is reaaaaaallly fast) Turns out that ummm I know I should but I've only taught myself html and until I learn to read in my sleep just don't have the time to teach myself css, too.... So, was my own fault and somethin with my code wasn't quite workin correctly with it, but real quickly Scott fixed the problem for me with their code and now the page looks nice and pretty.

purplebear, great to hear you have it worked out.

As far as creating your next subscription with the PAW, note this functionality from my original post above: "You can now apply the layout and design configuration from a previously saved display widget to your current configuration making for much faster configuration time."

That should help

Gary we changed the default functionality to show the lowest price and % off if the sale price is lower then then retail price. e.g. $19.99 (30% off).

Just an FYI, so you would know re: your comments on sale pricing above.

Thanks!

Wow Gary it is nice to see this feature, I am amazed at what I already created in minutes. WTG
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

nyfalcon, glad you liked it! We have identified and corrected a couple of bugs in the BETA release. So far, so good all around. We're already seeing substantial traffic and sales via the Product Ad Widget, from a number of Affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    purplebear, great to hear you have it worked out.

As far as creating your next subscription with the PAW, note this functionality from my original post above: "You can now apply the layout and design configuration from a previously saved display widget to your current configuration making for much faster configuration time."

That should help

yeap, gonna try some more soon as I get a little more time.
    Thank you pssssst betcha can't guess what pretty colors I get to specify.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread