Hello! I was wondering If anybody is using apparell links from amazon. I read the FAQ at amazon associates, searching for the paid commissions on apparell (any, men women etc...)but could not find any info. Any comments?

Mario Rodriguez

Amazon has a strange commission structure. Depends on if you choose the classic or tiered plan but I think you can expect about 5% on clothing.

I am using Amazon soley for the kind of automatic content they provide as far as products are concerned. My Educational site has nice links to the left to various books from Amazon, though, i have made a very small money from the prog.

Hello :-)

Like the others I have tested out the Amazon program several times. Overall the program offers tons of tools, linking options and offers my visitors a name they can trust.

However the bottom line is that 6% commission is just not enough for me to spend any real time promoting there program. I just can not make enough with them for me to concentrate on theier program.

Good luck ;-)

Brian Johnson (Chef Brian)
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon is excellent for promoting movies, music and books. Anything else is a big gamble and probably won't pay that well for the efforts.

There are several clothing merchants posting here who can top Amazon in the commission department. Combined, they top amazon in the selection department.

-----------------------------
    It's better to write something crappy that you can improve upon later than it is to write nothing. - Comedian Mike Myers

I think everyone agrees that Amazon is not the greatest program when it comes to commission levels, plus that cap for high ticket items is stupid.

However, it is a name that people trust and it converts very well. In certain categories you can almost bank on 1:30

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> plus that cap for high ticket items is stupid. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That cap is gone for this quarter and the next.

**Update** No Parasiteware T-Shirt yet but I DID get some nice postcards from Sandra!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That cap is gone for this quarter and the next.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The last I read, the cap is gone temporarily for SOME categories, not all.

Wayne

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread