Todd please help me here...I just joined CJ this 3 weeks before....I am an expierenced SEO...I have created an exclusive website for a merchant...but rejected by the merchant.

Now the site entered google and producing targetted traffic. Please can you help me in joining that program again.

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Write to the merchant

Gopi,

Just email the merchant with the site url and the google keywords you have optimized them for .. you will most probably be approved by the merchant after seeing this.

Regards,
    The Tathagata

---
    "Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals" - The Tathagata

AffiliateBuddha , I already wrote them and even i wrote to their important sales guy ( i got his email id from their customer support ) and you know what , no response yet...

I created an exclusive site for them and it entered google yesterday and when i check the logs its like 800 SE referrals yesterday alone....the site is exclusive for the merchant if i have to change the merchant i have to redo the site again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] .

I am really really frustrated now. Todd please please help me

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

[This message was edited by rsgopi on November 27, 2002 at 06:51 PM.]

Todd , pls pls help me ...

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

If Todd don't respond or if you would like help let us know the product line or something and we can try an help you find a replacement.

ABW Ambassador
    Please post the URL of the site you created.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    @rsgopi

I would advise against posting the URL to a site/page that is getting 800 SE hits in one day! That is asking for someone to rip your site off. If you need help with the site or recommendations for replacement merchant/products, you can always start a PM with a member you feel is knowledgable and that you can trust.

@BiddingForTravel.com

We do not ask other members for their site URL's for the reason stated above. There have been incidents, unfortunately, in the past of members stealing other member's site. Also remember that people can read the posts here as guests. That could be anybody. The privacy of ABW members site's, if they want the information to be kept private, is taken very seriously. I'm sure as a new member you probably just haven't thought about the possible consequences of a URL being made public. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Yepp, your frustation is similare to this games deal. Lots of frustation. But.....dont give up and the sun will shine again. The only thing i belie you can do is to contct them. There`s maybe a phoneno you can call?

Anyway it aint fun to expose your idea for all. Change adertiser seems to be the only solution i can come up with, if you dont get any contact.

Even then it can be a problem, it seem sometimes that some adertisers dont fully understand what this affilliate thing is.

Yngvar

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for your perspective, BLFH. The reason I asked is because some merchants have terminated affiliates because the affiliate's site appeared to be owned by the merchant. In other words, there weren't adequate disclosures on the site. I was curious if this could be the case here.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    @BFT

I'm sure you meant no harm. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I was thinking along those same lines myself just now. Some merchants are sticklers about the copyright and trademark thing.

@rsgopi

There may well be content on the site that the merchant objects to. Since you were able to build a site specific to them and obtain good SE rankings without even being joined with the merchant yet. That would mean that you are not able to have any specific product links and the such to them yet on the site.

Maybe you could give us some generalized examples of how you have the site content so far such as Merchant ABC and "widget" for the product. If you have the merchant's name in the URL in any shape or fashion, that could be the what killed you right there. Also if the design of your site replicates the merchant's site.

As far as Todd assisting you, the only response you will probably get is that you need to contact the merchant. It really is up to the sole discretion of the merchant who they allow in as affiliates and CJ does not usually become involved in such issues.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Thanks for the replies guys...

I just joined CJ 3 weeks before (so my EPC is pretty low) and i had a dummy domain (with some not useful blah blah content) in my profile.

I applied for this merchant with that domain...the merchant saw the domain and my EPC and thought i am useless and its the reason i believe he rejected.

I added my new domains in my profile a week before and emailed the merchant with the SERPS my site is in top 10. (The site got into google thro freshbot , so it loosed some spots now , but i know it will be fine next update when google will be able to calculate the exact link pop/PR )

As far as posting the URL , i never ever do it...the worst part in SEO is bragging abt a site getting traffic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] , you know i am little expeirenced to do it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread