Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    US Affiliate Census Out Now
    eConsultancy US Affiliate Census now available.

Prepared by Affiliate Program Advice and commissioned by eConsultancy in association with MediaTrust, this census (last published in 2007) has seen some impressive new statistics formulated from affiliates.

My take on this is on our blog.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

2 Things:

1. When I took the survey it asked for an email addy and on the same page it said in return for the email, that results of the survey would be mailed. To date I have not gotten any survey results yet although I see many have "reported" their views of the results.

2. The post above is nothing but feeder spam, do not do that again.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

1. When I took the survey it asked for an email addy and on the same page it said in return for the email, that results of the survey would be mailed. To date I have not gotten any survey results yet although I see many have "reported" their views of the results.

I received my email notification on 3/10/2009 -

"You can now download your free copy of the 2009 US Affiliate Census"

Then when you follow the link, you get this...

"Registration (free Bronze membership) is required to download this report."

I'm not registering for anything - I took the survey, provided my email addy, they promised me the free report. Never said anything about having to "join"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Registration (free Bronze membership) is required to download this report.
    That's an example of why I don't fill out surveys. There always seems to be a catch.

2 Things:

2. The post above is nothing but feeder spam, do not do that again.
    Sorry Haiko. Was not my intent at all.

Also there never was any disclosure of the Media Trust "sponsorship" before or when taking the survey!

You have the WORDS ethical affiliate marketing on your site - talk about bait and switch!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Also there never was any disclosure of the Media Trust "sponsorship" before or when taking the survey!

You have the WORDS ethical affiliate marketing on your site - talk about bait and switch!
    ??? Haven't a clue what you're on about mate.

APA only wrote it yeah. We've nothing to do with sponsorship, producing it as toilet paper, setting fire to it, dipping it in mayonnaise or having anything else to do with its distribution. We just collated the information as submitted yeah. Just like we did for the last one two damn years ago as nobody else seemed bothered. What's more it was such a good job we were asked to collate it again. So Haiko, rein it in mate. The report was collated by us and this my friend is it. Nothing else to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp
    eConsultancy US Affiliate Census now available.

Prepared by Affiliate Program Advice and commissioned by eConsultancy in association with MediaTrust,...
    What is your relationship to this?

Your pimping the damn thing, how do you now feign any responsibility of the clear lack of ethics in it's marketing and release? It's your sales tool.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Your pimping the damn thing, how do you now feign any responsibility of the clear lack of ethics in it's marketing and release? It's your sales tool.
    I have been asked to state this:

This is our relationship..

Sponsorship in the UK was AffiliateWindow.com (aff Network) and US Mediatrust.com
    We make no money from this. We did this for free.
    http://www.affiliateprogramadvice.co...s-we-need-you/
    was listed on January 9th asking for affiliate input. The report was collated by Jessica Luthi.

Also the first post should have read The US Affiliate Census sponsored by MediaTrust.com and produced by e-Consultancy in association with AffiliateProgramAdvice.com but I cannot edit it for some reason so mods please feel free to edit.

Re sponsorship, APA sent emails out to abestweb to ask if they wanted to sponsor it, direct email to you Haiko… we also asked if you Haiko would help distribute, NADA… so be honest with it.
    We asked a lot of people to sponser and MediaTrust.com delivered.
    Next census they should all read their emails
    All Networks that participated got their logo and a link back and a huge thank you so no one can say they were not told or not notified.

Re sponsorship, APA sent emails out to abestweb to ask if they wanted to sponsor it, direct email to you Haiko… we also asked if you Haiko would help distribute, NADA… so be honest with it.
    Correction - I was ONLY asked to pimp i, and repeatedly ... which I didn't for verys specific reasons. If you notice I SPECIFICALLY didn't make ANY mention of it, a person you asked to post it here did, not me.

...so be honest with it.
    Excuse me? Be Honest with what John?

The US Affiliate Census sponsored by MediaTrust.com and produced by e-Consultancy in association with AffiliateProgramAdvice.com has uncovered some very interesting statistics governing the health of affiliate marketing in the United States and moreover, the interaction by US affiliates in the Global Market.

A bit different no? Oppsies.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

So where do we get our FREE copy without having to sign up?

Lol.... all affiliates who took part in the survey get the free report, its clear on the APA blog and every other blog out there, did you miss that part? Just google US affiliate census. Not sure what the fuss is all about.

Next year the census will be bigger and better and in my mind not a bad result considering it was a first for the US.

No one put a gun towards any ones head to do the census its a real shame that some folks here did not get behind it, why wouldn't you? That makes no sense? Seems like a lot of pouting over nothing. Life is way too short... so suggest you go look at the findings of the census and focus on that its far more interesting then all this political bull shit, impo
    Jess Luthi

Quote Originally Posted by jess1
    Lol.... all affiliates who took part in the survey get the free report, its clear on the APA blog and every other blog out there, did you miss that part? Just google US affiliate census. Not sure what the fuss is all about.

Next year the census will be bigger and better and in my mind not a bad result considering it was a first for the US.

No one put a gun towards any ones head to do the census its a real shame that some folks here did not get behind it, why wouldn't you? That makes no sense? Seems like a lot of pouting over nothing. Life is way too short... so suggest you go look at the findings of the census and focus on that its far more interesting then all this political bull shit, impo
    Yes, but we shouldn't have to sign up for anything to get it - we already agreed to participate in the survey in exchange for the free report.

No political - just want what was agreed upon...

Yes if you participated you get the report... if u have not recieved it... then check spam filters (yada) and Ill talk to e-consultancy.com to see whats been emailed out, I think there was an embargo on it until the 10th March.
    Keep in mind APA are just go betweens, we recieved nothing for doing this not one dime, so let's put that one to bed. If Matt Woods from a4uforum got behind the UK census and was able to put his politics to one side for the sake of good publicity in this industry, and god do we need the good stuff out in the public arena, I cant fathom why abestweb did not support this.

Haiko, you said u would support this at the summit in Vegas, this is the first I have heard that you had any concerns, I was there, we talked you said u would support this, you said it in front of other people, in public!
    I dont really care if you wanted to support this or not but at NO TIME did you ever say to me you had any concerns, so I dont get all this "pimping" bollocks!

Next year things will be different and maybe once in a while its good to push politics to one side in order to see the bigger picture.

Will come back on Monday with a response from E-consultancy vis a vis participants copy, had no idea that this was even a problem until last Friday, Im 8 hours behind the UK so keep that in mind :0)
    Jess Luthi

Yes if you participated you get the report... if u have not recieved it... then check spam filters (yada) and Ill talk to e-consultancy.com to see whats been emailed out, I think there was an embargo on it until the 10th March...
    All I received was an email with a link - following the link takes me to a page on Econsultancy that says I have to REGISTER to download it...

Quote Originally Posted by Econsultancy.com
    Results - US Affiliate Census 2009 By Econsultancy, March 2009

Thank you for taking part in the US Affiliate Census 2009 which we have carried out in association with MediaTrust.

You can download your free copy of the report here now before it is made available to subscribers on the Econsultancy website.

Registration (free Bronze membership) is required to download this report.
    THAT'S what I'M steamed about...

Bait and switch with some email harvesting for a sponsor - without any disclosure.

Nothing political about it ... it's just plain old fashioned unadulterated BS!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

No you should not have to re-register, its what I need to go back and check with E-consultancy.com to find out some more info on why you got that link. Agree 100% with u, u should not have to register, that was never the deal for participants.. so let me get with the guys, will know more on Monday :0)
    Jess Luthi

Haiko.... we can go back and forth, Econsultancy wanted a sponsor they got one, loads of people were asked... AbestWeb, WickedFire, Cj, I think we asked Shawn, linkshare. many many others..like I said.. APA are go betweens so... its a beautiful day and not going to spend it here - Js
    Jess Luthi

I was NOT asked, but that isn't the point, obviously the questionable activities are --- I really don't understand why your deflecting that.

You were involved by choice - once John began pimping with his feeder post spam.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador

Why would anyone get behind this crap? Oh wait, because they get something out of it actionable... who gets that... oh um.. yeah... can see why you are behind it.

But ignore me, I just want John Jupp to post more. He always makes me feel smarter. After his posting in the toolbar thread I was pretty sure I was smarter than Einstein.

http and a telephoto
    John and Jess, you are making it sound like this was done for the good of the industry and we should have all jumped on supporting it. But look! *ONE* company is making money off the data:
    Either...

Buy just this one report for:

$255.00 ex VAT

Add just this report to basket
    Or... (better value)

Join Econsultancy
    and get 5 reports for:

$335.00 ex VAT
    (cost per report then only $67)
    Why on earth would we all support giving data to someone else that is apparently "gold"? And you get all the email addresses to boot....

Hope the people that took the survey all get what they expected.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Happy to oblige if it makes you feel smarter. There you go. A post just for you chetf.

http and a telephoto
    fixed, never mind
    Last edited by loxly; March 14th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast