Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    New Notification Features Released
    Hello,

Please read our blog for information on the latest release.

Here are a few highlights:
    • We will now display notifications on the publisher home page whenever we detect traffic on links (ads) that have past their end date

• A new message center, featured prominently in the top center of the publisher home page, provides a daily summary with the number of clicks recorded on out of date links.

• We have added a feature to automatically send an email notification to publishers when a change to commissions specific to an advertiser/publisher relationship is made; advertiser users will also get a copy of the message. Publishers must opt in to receive these notifications on the Settings > Communications Preferences page.
      > Please note that while a promotion may be past its end date we will continue to track clicks and conversions, and commissions will accrue for any conversions recorded for an active but out of date link.

• As a reminder, we have altered the naming convention for Link Subscriptions. Files will now come in the form Link_Subscriptions_YYYYMMDD.txt. Beginning March 13, all files will follow this convention.

Have a good afternoon!

Jamie

This are a Great improvment!!! Thank you..........

So my next wish is easier reporting system. Everytime I try to generate a report for my different site (To know what site the sale came from) it takes me forever to get the right report (I never know what to pick)

Hello,

You can use MID tracking then run an activity detail report.

MID tracking is a system where you give certain links separate codes so you can tell which site the click came from. MID tracking is necessary if you wish to keep track of commissions made from each site separately.

To utilize MID tracking, append your standard Google Affiliate Network tracking link with an additional URL parameter beginning with the characters mid=

For example, a standard Google Affiliate Network tracking link looks like:

http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/tp...000000000000000

where lid is the unique ID of the link assigned to you by Google Affiliate Network, and pubid is the unique number that identifies each affiliate publisher.

To use MID tracking, add the MID parameter (&mid=) to the end of the link, such as:

http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/tp...0000000&mid=xxx

where xxx = a unique identifier that corresponds to the website that you need to track separately. MIDís can be up to 256 characters long, and all special characters must be HTML encoded.

Publishers should not be passing any personally identifiable information (such as email address, social security number, banking information, etc.) in the MID field. If this is done, Google Affiliate Network will purge the information from our system and it will not be recoverable.

Thanks!

Jamie

Hi Jamie already using &mid the problem (with me anyway) is finding the right report to run to show me the report by site.

As a reminder, we have altered the naming convention for Link Subscriptions. Files will now come in the form Link_Subscriptions_YYYYMMDD.txt. Beginning March 13, all files will follow this convention.
    Don't overlook this one if you get Link Subscriptions (Orange Links) delivered by ftp and use a script to load your database.

Thanks Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Hello,

Here are a few highlights:
    [list][*]We will now display notifications on the publisher home page whenever we detect traffic on links (ads) that have past their end date

Have a good afternoon!

Jamie
    It would help if I knew where on my websites this was coming from. I had one show up this am and I have no idea where on my three sites it is coming from.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    It would help if I knew where on my websites this was coming from. I had one show up this am and I have no idea where on my three sites it is coming from.
    Same here. I have no idea where its coming from. A last page clicked would have helped. Just showing invalid link really didn't help much.

The focus on expired links seems misplaced to me. I suppose it was intended for coupon sites to take down expired coupons. My links are products and banners which should not expire unless the product is out of stock or no longer marketed. That's not the way they work though, many have arbitrary expiration dates because who knows how long a product will actually be around.

I do like the MID tracking suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Same here. I have no idea where its coming from. A last page clicked would have helped. Just showing invalid link really didn't help much.
    same here...in fact I'm wondring if it's not mistaken...(still in beta?). I've tried to find some of those expired links with no success.

15 years and counting
    I'm already giving up on these links. I can't find them on my web sites. Totally useless feature without the referring urls.

I can't find them either. And I'm using the "Find and replace" function of Dreamweaver to search entire local sites (source code). I finally gave up.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Hello,

You can use MID tracking then run an activity detail report.

Jamie
    Jamie,
    Would you mind telling me a easy way of generating MID reports.

Thank you......

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Jamie,
    Would you mind telling me a easy way of generating MID reports.

Thank you......
    Hi,

You can run an activity detail . This will show MID per order. If you set it up with a timeframe, you can make it a saved report. Then just schedule it to be emailed to you .

Thanks!

Jamie

Thanks Jamie just ran and saved my reports, its easy once you know what report to pick.

I'm not finding many of the out of date links on my site. I think the system may need an adjustment. It's a helpful idea, and I have found a few, but I'd say it's about 50% right now. Also, some of the expired dates don't match up. There were two listed for Finishline which don't expire until 3/26, but was reported on 3/19 as expired. So I'm a bit confused.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I'm not finding many of the out of date links on my site.
    This only shows links that someone has actually clicked on right?

[*]We will now display notifications on the publisher home page whenever we detect traffic on links (ads) that have past their end date
    Ahhh, some merchant education may be called for here. I was curious as to what everyone else was seeing since my sites automatically remove expired creatives on the date of their expiration. But lo and behold, this morning I actually had a notification. After searching for and finding the offending link I decided to visit the merchants creative library to replace the link with a more current link when to my surprise I realized that this particular merchant doesn't use expiration dates. They simply remove the creatives from the interface when they've expired, How convenient. I can spend all of my "spare" time searching through their creatives to see which no longer appear or just set an arbitrary expiration date in my system and possibly miss on out on sales because I've removed a coupon early.

So the point is, in order for this to be truly effective 1). it really needs to refer to the page where the creative is located as everyone else has stated. and 2). merchants actually need to have an expiration date on their creatives or we'll either spend an inordinate amount of time removing their expired creatives or just find other merchants that are easier to work with.

Great idea, just needs a little better execution.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread