Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Anyone use a service online that assists in forming Limited Liability Company (LLC) I have seen incorparateme.con on this board before and might use their service. Anyone have any personal experience with them or recommend other services. Also Feel free to PM any AFF link for Incorporateme and I'll use the first link I receive (if I use their service)

Many states have the ability to do so online. In Wisconsin it is a single form with a set fee of $130.

If you plan to form the LLC in New York, check the states Department of Revenue's (or whatever they call it in NY) website.

There are states that offer 'cheaper' solutions, and they may also have the ability to do so online.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

My state has the forms online for you to fill out and submit. What most people go to an attorney for is a legal agreement between the partners.

As far as forming a LLC, all you really need is the forms from the State.

However, if you have a problem with your partner(s), you'll need to refer back to whatever legal agreement papers you drew up at the time. The legal agreement is to state the conditions of your partnership etc. They should be notarized.

Zoe, since you live nowhere how would registering as an LLC in your state get you anywhere??

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

ABW Ambassador
    Everyone is giving you good advice, DO NOT USE an online service. They offer nothing that the states do not offer themselves. Okay one thing, extra fees.

Chet

Thank you all for the advice. I have checked out the State Departments website and it's pretty useless (all the forms relate to paying taxes for LLC's go figure, this state is all about taxes and how much they can collect)

I did speak with the local Small Bus. Dev. office, a free service that I had consulted before. They highly recommend consulting an attorny. I know that is a more costly way of doing it but the most reliable in protecting my ass, I mean assets?

Anyone in NY state that has formed a LLC have any useful bits of info? Thanks!

I used http://www.amerilawyer.com to set up an S-Corp.

Despite the advice not to use an online service, I would just like to add that I am very happy with the service I get from http://www.corporate.com .

I do pay an annual fee to them, but they act as my registered agent in the U.S. Might not be as important for you since you live there, but I'm a U.S. citizen living abroad so I needed to be able to set the whole thing up online and have someone handle the annual administrative paperwork.

I set mine up at least 5 years ago (I went with a Delaware LLC) and everything works efficiently. It was important to me to find an online company that was stable.

Good luck!
    Susan

ABW Ambassador
    Here you can download the form you need.
    http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corp/llpcorp.html#dregis

For more info:
    http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corp/llpfile.html

In ohio, they literally just ask you your company name, the partners names and your name, everything else is optional.

If you have decided on an LLC, there is no real reason to consult a laywer, unless you need papers drawn up for the agreement between partners.

Chet

Thanks Chez, I had found that form shortly after my last post.

NY likes to have a hand in everything. The taxes in Ohio have to be lower than NY. all this state cares about is how much money can it take from you before you leave the state.

And yes, the advice given to me as mentioned earlier was more or less directed towards a partnership agreement.

Thanks again

A good friend of mine used incorporatetime.com, no problems smooth transaction.

Mary

ABW Ambassador
    I was waiting for Mary to show up. Yay for mary and consistently promoting a company that purposefully misleads consumers by saying the state fees are higher than they are, and then list they charge no agent fees.

Mary is promoting, check she has promoted them numerous times on these forums, one of the companies I warn everyone to steer clear of. Find out your state fees, go to their site, click on your state - see the a higher state fee on the right, no agent fee, no add;' services fee, no shipping fee. Complete BS.

Mary are you going to threaten me again for exposing your little play?

My favorite mary post, after already having promoted them, threatening me for pointing out their misleading site, she then followsup in this thread asking about banners.
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4326074134

I love people who try to play the innocent game, I would stay well clear of anything "mary" is associated with.

Chet

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread