linking to individual products on shareasale
    hi, i am new to affiliate marketing and am having difficulty linking to specific products on shareasale. i have signed up for merchants through the "Get specific product linking code" link under the get links section. Whenever i click on the view products link for a merchant at this point, it just brings me back to the top of the page. Does anyone know if i am supposed to apply for ftp access in order to access the links to individual products, or otherwise how i am supposed to go about it?
    Thanks!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Login to your ShareASale account.

Under "Get Links" click "Get Specific Product Linking Code"

Under "TOOLS :: DATAFEEDS AVAILABLE"

The default values are:

Show me merchants programs that... "I am a member of"

Merchants in "all categories"

Leave dates blank

click "Refresh report" button on the far right side.

That will list all the programs that you are in.

On the far right again, for each program, you will have a choice of clicking on "View Products" or "Download .csv"

Click on "View Products"

Then scroll through the products, find the one you want, and click on "Get Link" on the far right of your screen.

This will give you many options. For example, thumbnail with just product name, thumbnail with name and description, etc.

On the left will be how it would appear on your site. On the right will be a text box with YOUR exact code to copy and paste.

Welcome, and good luck!
    Jack Kotowski Certified Affiliate Manager OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    **Edit: I guess Jack got to it before i did.

>Login

Go to
    >Create a Custom Link to a Page
    (Under GET LINKS)

Select:
    Merchant for this link:
    <>

Then put in the URL
    <<http://www.lostgolfballs.com/ xx>>

Then Hit
    GENERATE

Thanks, but the problem is that whenever i hit view products, it doesn't really do anything but take me back to the top of the page. It does show a notification that i haven't sent in my tax information yet. Could this be the reason why it doesn't take me to the products?

When it takes you to the top of the page, if you scroll back down, the information should be there. If you scroll down after you are taken to the top of the page and it isn't there, I am not sure what problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by bclouser
    Thanks, but the problem is that whenever i hit view products, it doesn't really do anything but take me back to the top of the page. It does show a notification that i haven't sent in my tax information yet. Could this be the reason why it doesn't take me to the products?
    It's been a long time since I setup with SaS, so I don't know if they would prevent you from creating links to products just for tax information. Can you get regular links to the merchant sites? If you can, then it wouldn't make sense you can't do product links.

Try going to the merchant site finding a product you want to promote, copy the complete url at the merchant site of the page that has the product.

Then is the SaS panel, click the "create a custom link to a page" link. Pull down to your approved merchant. (Per Eric, I'll use LostGolfBalls)

Then paste the url you have copied from the merchant site into the destination url text box and click the create custom link button.

You'll get a link like this one:
    PHP Code:
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=XXXXXX&b=113512&m=16240&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Elostgolfballs%2Ecom%2FCallaway%2DHX%2DTour%2DBlack%2DGolf%2DBalls%2Fproduct%2Dexec%2Fproduct%5Fid%2F55%2Fcategory%5Fid%2F1 
    I removed my SaS id and replaced it with XXXXXX so this link doesn't actually work, but will give you an idea of what it should look like.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread