out of date links
    I see when I login I know get a message like this...

13 click(s) on 12 out of date link(s)

What is the point of telling me this if you don't tell me the page on my sites where these click came from? This new feature is totally useless without that info.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks for the feedback, we're going to try to provide referring data as soon as we can but there are a number of technical hurdles we have to cross first. We thought it would be better to provide limited information than none at all. You should be able to use the IDs provided in message details to search through your HTML files (or database if applicable) to find instances of the links in question.

-larry

ABW Ambassador
    I wish it was that easy.

Why is reporting the page where the click is coming from so challenging, considering the fact you are Google. All you need is the http referrer. Its http 101.

yes , i want referring page too

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by l_adams
    Thanks for the feedback, we're going to try to provide referring data as soon as we can but there are a number of technical hurdles we have to cross first. We thought it would be better to provide limited information than none at all. You should be able to use the IDs provided in message details to search through your HTML files (or database if applicable) to find instances of the links in question.

-larry
    You obviously haven't actually built and maintained affiliate websites 99% of them are NOT automated and many people have no way to just search for an ID and pull the page where that link is. You are relying on affiliates having a way higher level of technical ability than most actually do.

CJ invalid links report tells the affiliate exactly the page the link was clicked on, just FYI.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    GAN took 4 or 5 8 hrs downtimes to give its affiliates one tiny extra feature that doesn't really help.

not just CJ provide refer URL nowaday

but i cannot recall all the other networks offer this in my mind right now,
    poor memory

even clixgalore does

SAS does it too, but CJ is the one mentioned because they did it best. Their report groups the same links and is easier to look at

>> SAS does it too

their report is not good

they just show invalid click on one day only (TODAY),
    not from the past week, past two weeks or past month,
    a longer period is better because i willl not check that report every day, then i will miss the data.

These "out of date links" have been driving me nuts too. The other day I tried searching my source code via Dreamweaver's "find and replace" function, where you can search an entire local site at once, and still could NOT find the offending links.

Today the same thing - one was a banner so I thought the name of the image would be easy to find. Nope. Still could not find it.

Please, please give us the referring URL as soon as possible!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

If a customer clicks through one of these "out of date links" and buys a product we still get commission, right?

I have one "out of date link" that is just a generic to the merchants homepage type link, bizarre that it would even have a time limit.

Tami

Some of the ones that appearing as out of date for me... I don't know what the heck is out of date with them. Standard size Dr Jays banners with live links to Dr Jays site. These are the top performing links on some of my sites, so I'm not about to change them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Please note that while a link may be past its end date we will continue to track clicks and conversions, and commissions will accrue for any conversions recorded for an active but out of date link.

In the case of brand/logo banners, clients occasionally rebrand and update their logos. The old logos are then archived as new ones are added. They prefer you use the new creative assets. The old will continue to track as mentioned.

Thank you,

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    I just noticed this feature today. While I think it is a great idea, it is obviously not ready and should have "BETA" highlighted next to it. When I think of Beta in the affiliate world, Linkshare always comes to mind, not sure why

Anyway I thought I would check a couple of links. I picked the first two from New York & Company. I have over 45 links that are supposed to be out of date from various merchants.

The first promotion was "Trend Alert - Get In the Style Trenches with Trench Details - Click Here". I searched through all my databases including orangelinks and manually added links but nowhere was this link to be found. I searched by link ID and through keywords.

The next one I checked from the same merchant was "Trend Alert - Get Back to Basics this Spring - Shop Now"

I actually found this link but it is from CJ and it it expires on the 30th of March.

Well I stopped there and I hope my feedback helps.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I definitely look forward to having the referring URL. The current report doesn't do me much good.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread