Unhappy How to pull coupon info from API on CJ?
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to all of this, came across the forum, and thought that maybe some people here would already have experience with the following which they could share.

1. I am trying to pull only coupon related information from advertisers (free shipping, x dollars off a purchase, %off a purchase---not deals on individual items)
    2. The data in my database will include, AdvertiserID, advertiser name, keyword link URL, Coupon Code, Coupon Expiration, Coupon Description.
    3. I am currently able to pull all of the data, except I do not know the proper way to pull the coupon code, the coupon exiration date, and the coupon description from the CJ API into 3 distinct fields in the database. (they all show up in one text-only description jumbled/mixed together in no specific standard format)
    4. How can I use the API to pull these 3 pieces of data separately from the API to input them into their own fields in the table of my database?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Any experience with this from anyone at all?

I emailed CJ API help via the "Contact Us" in my account over 2 weeks ago - and never got a reply!

You will need to use some sort of programming language that supports database manipulation like Java's JDBC or PHP.

Regina Thomas

I am debugging a script that I have written and will release under GNU open source that will allow you to pull coupon codes or complete product catalogs from your advertisers with the CJ api program. I will post a new thread once this script is completely ready for beta testing. I am still in the early alpha stages of coding and testing but it will be SEO friendly and will allow you to do a lot of things with your advertisers.

Hi i am ready for beta testing
    Can you let me know once your script is ready . I am willing to test it out.

Thanks,

zaxy

Not sure if you are still looking for help on this but CJ has a documentation for their feeds that I'm pretty sure is exactly what you were asking for. http://help.cj.com/en/web_services/web_services.htm. They have two different flavors for their APIs, SOAP and REST. The particular feed you would be interested in is the 'Link Search Service'.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread