Found Contact Importer - New Beta ShareThis Button
    Maybe I'm the only dummy who didn't know this but since I received no responses here I did some major research. I checked everything from openinviter, to plaxo widget, to sharethis, addthis, to even getting my own contact importer made. Then...I finally find this...ShareThis is beta testing their new button that now includes a contact importer on the spot. With the current button, one must register and then import their contacts (or at least that is what I saw) but in this new beta sharethis button, the import contact option is on the widget not to mention a way better and less confusing design. Only a few sites have it up. dogtime.com is one of them (not an affiliate link and not affiliated with them in anyway...it's one of the few sites that is testing the button). Scroll all the way down and you will see the sharethis button...check out the email option and the new design...

Did anyone know about this and I'm a dummy all excited...I mean I saw the button obviously already existed BUT I couldn't import contacts on the spot.

Hope this helps somebody...

Thumbs up
    Not sure if anyone is interested (doesn't seem to be) but I received an answer from sharethis and it seems to be they will be launching this new feature on Tuesday.

ABW Ambassador
    Those boxes are horrible. We tested them and saw a huge drop off in major linkage vs just have a select few being instant links. Try testing them, don't just blindly put them up because they look nice.

"Share this" doesn't remind people to Digg, facebook or Stumble an article. It is a usability failure. But oh noes! I don't have oknotizie listed on my site!

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Those boxes are horrible. We tested them and saw a huge drop off in major linkage vs just have a select few being instant links. Try testing them, don't just blindly put them up because they look nice.

"Share this" doesn't remind people to Digg, facebook or Stumble an article. It is a usability failure. But oh noes! I don't have oknotizie listed on my site!
    Very interesting...I didn't think about it from that perspective. I wasn't really going by the button being pretty but more that I was just so excited to have the contact importer that i didn't get passed thinking about that. Besides digg and stumble upon which others would you think are absolutely necessary? Hmmmm thinking now what direction to take...

Thanks for your insight.

ABW Ambassador
    Test your site to find out what works.

From the sharethis website.

User Data. We will retain custody of all data and information collected or obtained by us through our networks from users of the ShareThis Widgets.

Sharing content. We will not claim ownership in any content or materials that you post or submit on your Sites; however, by offering the ShareThis Widgets on your Site, you agree to allow others to view and share your content. You grant us solely as necessary to provide the content through the ShareThis Widgets and service, a worldwide, non-exclusive, assignable, fully paid-up, and royalty-free license to display, reproduce, distribute and perform (if applicable) your content through the ShareThis Widgets and network....

Why are you giving this to a third party?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread