ABW Ambassador
    Tweetwaster
    Just how much time DO you spend on Twitter?
    http://tweetwasters.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    "Rexanne has 216 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 6,480 Seconds or 108 Minutes or 1.8 Hours or 0.08 Days using Twitter!
    Only 1.8 hours? You do know there's a social networking revolution going on, don't you?"

LOL - I'm not a huge Twit fan, obviously
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Tax Paying Member
    NONE............
    Am I missising something here?????
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Twitter worth the time or time waster debate?
    fun little twit tool.

Here is my stats

Pingo account @TelephoneCard

"Pingo.com has 32 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 960 Seconds or 16 Minutes or 0.27 Hours or 0.01 Days using Twitter!"

my personal account @BrianHawkins

"Brian Hawkins has 246 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 7,380 Seconds or 123 Minutes or 2.05 Hours or 0.09 Days using Twitter!"

I didn't get twitter, but know I'm hooked and spend way more then 2.05 hours.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

"35 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 1,050 Seconds or 18 Minutes or 0.29 Hours or 0.01 Days using Twitter!
    0.29 hours hours spent Twittering. I waste more time drinking each day."
    Jason
    [url=http://www.bhphoto.com/]B&H Photo[/url] :|: [url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/affiliates.jsp]Join Our Affiliate Program[/url] :|: [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2478435]Join on CJ[/URL]
    email: Jasonn at BHphoto.com

http and a telephoto
    Loxly a.k.a Deborah has 7,016 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 210,480 Seconds or 3,508 Minutes or 58.47 Hours or 2.44 Days using Twitter!
    2.44 days. Congrats! You're single handedly responsible for the rest of us seeing fail whale.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Christopher has 111 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 3,330 Seconds or 56 Minutes or 0.93 Hours or 0.04 Days using Twitter!
    Only 0.93 hours? You do know there's a social networking revolution going on, don't you?

That is good link bait :-)

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Deb you've just barely inched past me lol

Trisha Lyn Fawver has 6,454 total tweets and assuming they spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 193,620 Seconds or 3,227 Minutes or 53.78 Hours or 2.24 Days using Twitter!

BTW I love the addition on the page "If you spent 2.24 days on something useful and important, you could have changed the world by now. L0ser." They're probably right lol

I love the web, yet I have no interest in Twitter. I just don't get it.
    Same goes for social sites, e.g. My-Space-Face-Bebo-Book.

I would be very interested if people here could comment about why Twitter is popular, why they use it etc.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by hairy_hermit

I would be very interested if people here could comment about why Twitter is popular, why they use it etc.
    NyFalcon and I did 2 20 minute podcasts to try and explain
    Getting Started with Twitter

Getting Started with Twitter Part 2
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by hairy_hermit

I feel exactly the same. I have no interest in any of the social sites. Maybe I am just anti-social.

"Maybe I am just anti-social."
    naaaaaah, if ya were, ya wouldn't post here.

Not about to figure that out or would depress me, don't wanna know bout time spent on it.

Have to admit tho am still tryin to figure out how to benefit from it. Do find it's nice for leavin quick little messages for somebody to feel better, congratulate em for somethin, etc. (keepin up with friends, etc. )

Good for following affiliate managers posting bout their sites. Great for followin people like Will Reynolds cos he leaves links for learnin how to be a computer smarty So, does serve a purpose to help find useful links for learning purposes.

Of course, good for followin here and seein posts if you're not able to be here.

Bein that I'm a bear guess it's only natural but I have a bunch of critters followin me now. lol Gettin to see and meet all kindsa kitties, doggies and bears from around the world Even tho we're all different we evidently communicate quite well with each other. Umm my followers who are not the 4 legged kind tho are probably wonderin why I'm talkin the way I am when they're reading what I'm tweeting

Only problem I'm finding is the more followers ya get, it's impossible to keep up with it. Some are just plain ridiculous with the amount they have.

"787 total tweets and assuming she spent an average of 30 seconds per tweet they've spent 23,610 Seconds or 394 Minutes or 6.56 Hours or 0.27 Days using Twitter!
    Hmmm. Only 6.56 hours. Are you this boring in real life?"
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Most of the social networking sites (other than Myspace; Myspace redirects outbound links) allow you to post links on your page as well as just about anybody else's.

Free inbound links for days, folks.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Have to admit tho am still tryin to figure out how to benefit from it.
    One method of finding targeted leads inside the "twitter community" is by using a directory like twellow (dot com) (not associated )

You can go through targeted groups and categories of twitter users, and grow a following that is targeted and relevant.

I have been Twittering about one of my Niche Communities for a little over three weeks and only have a little over 130 tweets and have a little under 200 followers. So, to me, Twitter is like a "little" blog.

I can directly attribute two (and maybe three) sales to that activity. The commission was enough on one sale to make a couple hours of twittering quite profitable.

However, I have not been making "inane" tweets (such as deciding between a hamburger or cheeseburger at Micky D's). I have been providing updates about what's going on at the beach.

The first sale was in response to a DM question about two beachfront hotels. A couple hours later I got another DM saying that they booked a room at one of them - from my site. I checked my stats with that merchant and saw that they did. Another twitterer messaged me saying that they liked my site and planned to book a hotel stay from there. Whether they do or not I likely will not know. But I do know it brought a new visitor to that site, and a "highly targeted" one at that.

I also had a small surge in beach-theme check sales within a few hours of tweeting about the beach checks we offered at a specific URL.

Thus far I have just been experimenting. Now I need to actually work up a basic action plan. There can be plenty of impromptu tweets, but weather updates, and highlights of upcoming weekend activities will become regular posts, er tweets.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Only problem I'm finding is the more followers ya get, it's impossible to keep up with it. Some are just plain ridiculous with the amount they have.
    You can "UNfollow" them. You want followers if you want to promote your site(s); you don't need to follow others. However, by seeking out and "following" people with the interests you are seeking - you may get them to follow you. Just don't hesitate to discard the obnoxious ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey
    One method of finding targeted leads inside the "twitter community" is by using a directory like twellow (dot com) (not associated )

You can go through targeted groups and categories of twitter users, and grow a following that is targeted and relevant.
    You can also put a simple "Follow Us On Twitter" link on your home page(s). That seems to have worked well for me.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

However, I have not been making "inane" tweets (such as deciding between a hamburger or cheeseburger at Micky D's).
    This is a good point. The quality of the messages that you send out is important if you want to keep your following, or grow one.

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    I thought Flutter was a joke, no?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread