I have one that is all but complete but I am having the darnedest time finishing it. All that is left is to cut and past keywords into about 80 pages. But, every time I start to do it, I always find some excuse to get distracted or do other things. Ever just not want to finish one or choke on it for no particular reason? I am even trying to make a deal with myself to just do 10 pages every now and then and break it up with other stuff.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Sounds like you got 'writer's block'

Read a book or watch a movie or do anything else but building websites and come back to it in a day or two, it might work then.

ABW Ambassador
    You can tell when i am working on a site I don't feel like finishing, I post on forums more.

This is why I normally work on multiple sites at one time, break it up when I get stuck. But somedays, like today, I hate them all.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    I've been pushing back an almost finished Formula 1 racing content site for months, and then when it was almost finished.. BAMMM HD crash and all of it down the drain.. I had backups of everything except that

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

I just sent two new children out into the world.

I sometimes get stuck, but I'm on a roll at the moment.

Javi, that sucks!

My commiserations.

ABW Ambassador
    My biggest problem right now is adding submissions to a Member Pics area ...wish I had gone w/ a script when I started the site a few years ago. Now it would be impossible for me to incorporate those few thousand pics into a new gallery. Any suggestions?

Die Parasites Die!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ever build a site that you just had a hard time making yourself work on?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Right now, today, that's the way I feel about ALL of mine!

I laugh about it so I don't cry...this too will pass.

Andy

SSanf,

I have that happen to me all the time, my husband’s analysis of the situation.

1. Means I will not be able to dedicate time to work on a site I like which keeps me from finishing it.

2. Means if I finish the site I have to do more work on something else, of course causing procrastination.

Best cure for me, change all the furniture around, clean all the carpets, and I AM JUST NOW finished varnishing all the hard wood floors again! I am now mad that I cannot find time to work... I am ready to get back to work and finish all the junk I am constantly putting on hold.

SandraR

Yep, been there. Was working on a store for Sierra Trading Post a few months ago and just couldn't seem to get motivated on that store. I would do a little and then stray to other tasks. It seemed I had to force myself to finish as I hate to have unfinished work around.

Well, I finished the last page on November 14. It was my 2nd best producer for December! Thinking now the rule should be "Do what I don't want to do, first" Keep at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xandman:
    Yep, been there. Was working on a store for Sierra Trading Post, that I started in September, and just couldn't seem to get motivated on that store. I would do a little and then stray to other tasks. It seemed I had to force myself to finish as I hate to have unfinished work around.

Well, I finished the last page on November 14. It was my 2nd best producer for December! Thinking now the rule should be "Do what I don't want to do, first" Keep at it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Good to know it's not just me.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm guilty!!!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Ssanf, why don't you just publish it as is, then add the keywords when you are better able to get on with it.

I often throw up websites that aren't quite finished, but are presentable, then finish them later, between working on other things

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    i think we all get those days where no matter what we just don'twant to look at any codes or sites.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Best cure for me, change all the furniture around, clean all the carpets, and I AM JUST NOW finished varnishing all the hard wood floors again! I am now mad that I cannot find time to work... I am ready to get back to work and finish all the junk I am constantly putting on hold. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I just finished having to redo the bathroom. If you know how to do floors, that may be the next chore I am going to be burdened with. I will take any or all free offers to do it for me LOL

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Floors are a sure cure for not doing what needs to be done. I am so sick of doing floors; it will be another 10 years I hope before I even think about it again.

Floors are a killer.

**TIP: found this new stuff

Miniwax Super Fast Drying Polyurethane for Floors professional formula. Only $25 and if you put the coats on before 12 hours has passed NO SANDING REQUIRED! Love that stuff.

SandraR

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ever just not want to finish one or choke on it for no particular reason? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My biggest problem right now is adding submissions to a Member Pics area ...wish I had gone w/ a script when I started the site a few years ago. Now it would be impossible for me to incorporate those few thousand pics into a new gallery. Any suggestions? ~Celicaphile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy, just 1) put them all into a folder 2) have Photoshop 7 make a gallery of them. It'll do it in about 2 clicks, presto! With navigation included. If you don't want to pony up for the Photoshop (pricey!) d/l a trial and you can use it for 30 days.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ssanf, why don't you just publish it as is, then add the keywords when you are better able to get on with it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because when I do keywords, I do the title, heading and subheading and assorted tags all at the same time. They are all cut from the same bolt of cloth for maximum SEO.

I use a general place holder in the HTML and a search and replace puts them all in at the same time.

Some pages require a minor tweak but it really cuts down the w*rk.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread