Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Feedback on Acai Offers
    Hi Everyone,

One of our clients has asked us to get some feedback on working with Acai Offers. They manage a variety of Acai offers and are looking for feedback on what publishers want.

If you have any ideas, comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Sarah V Bundy

If you're referring to standard Acai rebill offers, affiliates want high conversions, third party pixel placement (AdWords, MSN, etc.), and fast payment (namely working with networks that can do weekly wires if you're above a certain threshold). The last point isn't really something that your client would have to do themselves, they just need to have offers on networks that will front payments like that. Landing page optimization/testing is also key for offers like this.

Acai offers will do a lot better on CPA networks than on traditional networks, as CPA networks are well aware of Acai and already have considerable bases of publishers pushing diet offers, though the peak of the Acai affiliate marketing craze was a few months back. Not to say there's no traffic left, but the publisher market has changed a bit based on Facebook banning diet offers, and Google cracking down on all of the duplicate landing pages/ads.

Great, thanks for the feedback Joshua, we appreciate it.

Sarah

15 years and counting
    Sarah,
    I don't know if you want to hear what I've to say but if I was you I'll stay away from Acai offers.

A few "so called" super affiliates made a fortune pushing Acai offers and it's going to be as bad as pushing ring tones.

Just for your information:
    "Attorney General Richard Blumenthal today (March 23, 2009) announced an investigation into the business practices and questionable science associated with Acai berry products"
    "After promising 14-day "free trials" of Acai berry products, the companies often make it virtually impossible for consumers to cancel the trial, resulting in charges to consumer credit cards ranging anywhere from $59 to $89."

http://blogs.courant.com/george_gomb...-ag-inves.html
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellnes...7132495&page=1
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=6578594&page=1
    http://www.cspinet.org/new/200903231.html

Hi Zeus,

Good to know! Thanks for posting the links and giving some feedback. I'll forward this over to them. I think it would be useful for them to know.

Much appreciated

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Please no more Acai BS!! I get sooooo much Acai-related spam! Even if it cured cancer and was free, I'd never know because all the spammers have ruined it for anyone legit in the business, if it ever was legit to begin with...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    A few "so called" super affiliates made a fortune pushing Acai offers and it's going to be as bad as pushing ring tones.

Just for your information:
    "Attorney General Richard Blumenthal today (March 23, 2009) announced an investigation into the business practices and questionable science associated with Acai berry products"
    "After promising 14-day "free trials" of Acai berry products, the companies often make it virtually impossible for consumers to cancel the trial, resulting in charges to consumer credit cards ranging anywhere from $59 to $89."
    The companies that actively try to prevent consumers from cancelling are scum, but there are some more legitimate advertisers in the Acai field - One actually settled with the FTC for a previous issue, and they're much easier to cancel (and more obvious with the placement of their negative option billing disclaimer, per their prior FTC settlement). The continuity model isn't the problem - FreeCreditReport.com, Proactiv, TimeLife, Girls Gone Wild, and a number of other large advertisers have been using the model for years.

Any company who's preventing cancellations and making unsubstantiated claims will get hit hard by the FTC, as has happened in previous cases. I can't fathom how these guys have their merchant accounts set up, as the chargeback rates should have been enough to kill any chances of long-term survival.

I would also stay away. The market is saturated. The current marketers have already made a lot of people really mad because we all see the same ads everywhere leading to fake blogs that push misleading offers with "gotcha" rebills.

Public opinion is going very negative not only on acai, but also on internet marketers and Google for allowing these fake blogs to be used in their network.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Smile What is Acai?
    What is Acai?

The Acai tree is a palm tree that grows in South America, specifically the Amazon rainforest. The small berries that grow on top of this tree are dark violet in color and are know as the Acai berry. The acai berry has the symmetry of a grape and the size of a giant blueberry, the Acai fruit tastes a bit like wild raspberry with a hint of grape.
    Last edited by loxly; April 28th, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: removed link drop

Speaking of Acai spammers, bella12, what took you so long?

And this is why your client should avoid acai.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    Please no more Acai BS!! I get sooooo much Acai-related spam!
    Yep - anything that's been spammed to death won't find its way to my pages, no matter how good the product, program or payout. Makes legit affs look bad.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Any company who's preventing cancellations and making unsubstantiated claims will get hit hard by the FTC, as has happened in previous cases. I can't fathom how these guys have their merchant accounts set up, as the chargeback rates should have been enough to kill any chances of long-term survival.
    Very well said,
    You have to be aware of what companies your often promoting.
    You can bet that more often the case these companies that make it difficult to cancel, or continue to charge cards after cancellation, have not been around for very long.

With that being said, there are indeed many companies that sell acai products that are Very reputable, it's not cool to lump them all into one category based on a product they sell or offer.

Indeed Acai has peeked, and affiliates have hammered it to death in a multitude of ways, but keep in mind you have to do what works for you, and your traffic. If your traffic sill converts Acai offers, then offer an Acai link on your page/blog or promotional item.

Every product with mass consumer appeal has been spammed like crazy. Don't drop the product, drop the spammers.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread