Bulk email Superstore is a big Scam company
    This company is nothing less than a big scam on the internet here is why?
    I decided to give them a shot to run my campaign. Supposedly they claim that for $399 they will blast a campaign of 2 Million emails. I was suspicious about the way they conduct their business but I went for it. The first time I spoke to George the sales person. He gave me a guarantee that if my campaign doesn’t succeed he will rerun it again. The deal was 10% of clicks from the 2 Million emails. When the campaign ended, I went on Google analytics to check the number of visits that I got from the supposedly 2 Millions emails that Tim blasted for my campaign and I could only see 53 clicks on my website. It doesn’t sound logical since they don’t allow you to see how your campaign is progressing in real-time. They send me a fake report then I tried to call George but unsuccessfully I couldn’t get in touch with him, he was hiding behind Tim who was the one talking to me instead of George. The next day I had to give them another name and call from another phone line to get in touch with George, the trick succeeded. I could say he was very surprised when he realized it was me. He promised to rerun the campaign again but at the end of the day he didn’t keep his words. What they do when you purchased a consumer list that they will supposedly blast for you is that they use an e-mail spider tool in order to collect thousands of e-mail addresses in just a few minutes based on a keyword query. These emails are nothing less than Business e-mails that they extract from the web; this program can literally scan almost any URL on the web. For sure you won’t get consumers emails from them. 20 days ago, I bought a list of 1000 emails from another company and I got way more visits than the supposedly 2 millions emails that Tim said blasted, in fact I got in total 229 clicks on my website from just the 1000 emails campaign that I ran myself. Don’t even think to purchase or do any kind of business with americaint.com otherwise it’s like throwing your money in the trash; period. In fact most of these companies are located in Florida. By definition Florida is a hot bed for scammers especially this kind of business “email list companies”.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 17th, 2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: removed hotlink and moved

narfan2226, hopefully you paid with a credit card. If so, file a dispute with your CC company and then it's up to Bulk email Superstore to prove that the charge is legitimate. Gather as much data as you can regarding your campaigns, including any guarantees and other correspondence from Bulk email Superstore and include it with your complaint. Do a search for them online (Bulk email Superstore with scam, fraud, cheats etc. added to your search (which you probably should have done before doing business with them)) and include data from the search (if any) with your complaint.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Excuse me? Why are you complaining here? Spamming is unethical and often illegal.

You paid somebody to broadcast spam to 2 million people who did not want to receive it. Let's assume that they did what they promised: they broadcast your spam message to 2 million email addresses that they "scraped" from web pages. (That probably means that one or two dozen of your spam emails were probably addressed to me, since I have many dozens of unique email addresses posted on my web pages -- 2 million email addresses is absolutely NOT the same thing as 2 million people).

Probably 80% to 95% of the messages would be "blackholed" by spam-filtering software at the ISP level. These messages would never appear even in anyone's "spam folder."

Of those messages that actually are "delivered" to the end user, another 90% will probably be filtered into the user's spam folder and never read.

Let's see -- that means that maybe 1% of your 2 million victims (that's 20,000) will actually see the email subject in their inbox. Of those, half will probably delete the message unread. Of the 10,000 who actually open the email, 95% will immediately delete it. That leaves 500 people to actually read your spam message. Depending on your offer, it would be quite reasonable for only 10% of them to actually click through to your web site (honest, ethical email marketing might deliver much higher clickthrough rates, but that's not you).

So you got 53 clicks -- that's a completely reasonable result for this situation. You probably got what you paid for: a group of unethical people did something unethical for you (they broadcast your spam).

Take a look at the contract that you signed with these scuzzball spammers: did they really promise you that 10% of 2 million spam victims would click to visit your web site? If so, then they are just dishonest crooks, because that's not a rational outcome to expect. More likely, their contract promises something much, much less. Their definition of "success" is likely to promise about what I offered above: 10% of the consumers who actually receive your email and who actually open it and read it might click through to your web site. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if there's no contract at all.

Just in case you're missing my I have no sympathy for scum-sucking spammers like you. Go find another line of work.
    Last edited by markwelch; March 17th, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by narfan2226
    in fact I got in total 229 clicks on my website from just the 1000 emails campaign that I ran myself.
    22.9% clickthru rate - that's the kind of email list I would like to use - they have larger lists?

ABW Ambassador
    I think your expectation was too high when you forked out $300 for having somebody send spam on your behalf. You still did go ahead with it though it seemed fishy to you. You are as culpable as those you are blaming.

Now that you learned it the hard way that spam doesn't work, you shd cut your losses and start working hard towards ethical affiliate marketing. Build your own permission based email list, it will take time and you will never get to that 2 million mark, but still you will get better results out of your email campaigns.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Welcome, please remember that the enter key is your friend! That was kind of hard to read through...

Anywho, while I'm sure lots of people reading this appreciate the heads up to not use this company, please let this be a lesson to you that it's a better investment to pay for quality leads than quantity of leads. It's a common practice in email marketing of course to purchase lists, but beyond that you're probably better off working with Vertical Response, iContact, Aweber, or a similar email marketing company to send your own emails to the list. I have some experience with this on the merchant side and purchasing lists from third parties AND letting them conduct the campaign will never give you the level of control it sounds like you want, no matter how reputable that third party is.

I also used to work in Customer Service and learned a lot from our accounting department about charge backs (when customers go straight to their credit card company to get a refund). Credit card companies in general are pretty customer-leaning and will believe you over the merchant most of the time. As well, a lot of merchants will just allow a chargeback because in the end it costs them more money to fight the chargeback than it's worth sometimes, so on the bright side I'd say if you take rematt's advice you have a decent shot at getting your money back at least.

I tend to remind you that I paid them to launch my campaign for targeted Emails only.
    Spamming wasn't part of the deal. I sell Used computers and there is nothing wrong with that when it comes to advertise a product through a targeted public.

ABW Ambassador
    I will simply say, spammers deserve to get screwed. Repeatedly.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

"markwelch" "you have no sympathy for scum-sucking spammers like me and I should find another line of work"; well let me tell you that I'm a very successful business man. You won't fit in my shoes trust me. In regard of spamming that wasn't the case because they made it very clear that they have a targeted audience. I usually advertise on Alibaba.com since my business is meant for the international export of used & new Computers and Macy's overstocks. Just to give you an idea, I send overseas on average 20 containers of 40f every single month just by advertising on Alibaba or tradekey. My company is pretty well known on the international stage. My $399 purchase was just a small experiment. I don't even need a website to sell my products. So; if you have no sympathy for spammers, me either but don't be sarcastic. At the end of the day you're just an affiliate and a small web publisher trying to make a living. My world is recession free.

Narfan2226 wrote: > " . . . I paid them to launch my campaign for targeted emails only. Spamming wasn't part of the deal." <

You said that you paid a company which promised to send your email to 2 million email addresses which they "scraped" from web pages. This is not "targeted." When you send email to "everyone," you cannot credibly claim that it was "targeted."

I suppose you're technically right to say that "spamming wasn't part of the deal" -- in fact, spamming was the entire deal.

Narfan2226 also wrote:
    > "I sell Used computers and there is nothing wrong with that when it comes to advertise a product through a targeted public." <

By "that," you are referring to your broadcast of email to 2 million people? Nothing is right with that! Everything about your activity was wrong!

I need to stop responding to bait like this from trolls like you.

If you're making money by legitimately selling products through Ali Baba and other legitimate marketing techniques, then you are probably going to find that your regular business is directly impacted by your diversion into spamming; your IP addresses and domains referenced or linked in your spam emails may already be blocked by other mail servers, so some of your legitimate customers may not be able to communicate with you after this.

"markwelch", You sound like a pinhead and you speak like an extremist. It really seems to me that you maybe work for this company. I also need to clarify few comments that you made. The objective of my message is not complaining or whining but to make sure that other victims won't fall into their trap, that's all. I don't care about the money, I already have enough and I always make money unlike you. Your second comment is "You said that you paid a company which promised to send your email to 2 million email addresses which they "scraped" from web pages. This is not "targeted." When you send email to "everyone," you cannot credibly claim that it was "targeted ."
    They never told me that they extract those emails from URL; a well experimented person told me so, which sounds logical. I just wanted to share this experience with those who need to know more about these companies. Again I'm not complaining, I'm just protecting the consumer. It doesn't matter when it comes to you because you won't understand anyway. You sound like a fascist Republican.

ABW Ambassador
    Thread closed

13. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread