Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Goodsearch Toolbar Released
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    This is probably a dumb question. Can a user install multiple toolbars on the same browser? If the answer is yes, what would happen if the user visits a site that is associated with both toolbars?

15 years and counting
    Isn't it ironic?
    "Some forms of adware and spyware install toolbars in Internet Explorer that will hide or disable other toolbars, including the GoodSearch Toolbar. To remove other toolbars in IE..."
    What pisses me off big time is to know that this toolbar was started by an ex director of marketing at Cooking.com. Ramberg and brothers... Damned thieves. Using his affiliate marketing knowledge to steal from affiliates.

That's the merchant and network's issue to dedup or worse ... for the technology to fight each other (this happened back in the day with top moxie apps and shop at home select) ... the networks came up with a solution back then, I'm sure they'll continue to use that as the defacto solution.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Is this a Yahoo Venture? It looks like the site was up a long time ago. PR 8.

The better question is, how does one educate these merchants?
    http://www dot goodsearch dot com/goodshop.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    This is probably a dumb question. Can a user install multiple toolbars on the same browser? If the answer is yes, what would happen if the user visits a site that is associated with both toolbars?

Bein the techie genius that I am. lol am not sure bout this but yeap, think so. I've got the Google one on my Mozilla, avg (think that's one....least it's got a bunch of options on it up there) and have the SEO toolbar (hmm says it is one so yeap they all must be toolbars) SEO one has all kinds of helpful seo stuff up there it'll tell ya bout sites.

So....I've got em all up there on my mozilla browser. That's a good question tho but am guessin whichever the user clicks last would get it??

Ok, now I'm gonna try to forget I saw this post and not sniff, sniff bout one more bad guy bein out there. and just go back to editing my site.

ooooh I see ya up there CodeMonkey.....don't even think of sayin it. lol

Just remember.....Haiko made this post and don't think ya wanna go callin Haiko a whiner.

how coincidental that the day this thread shows up, they apply to our program. Needless to say, GoodSearch = EPIC FAIL (yes, that means they were declined) :P

I don't see them in any of our programs. The number of new toolbar affiliates seems to grow, I see them more and more apply to our CJ programs.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Think they've had it for a while...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77299

The toolbar is not what's interesting to me - what's interesting is how easily a user can add any site's search function to their existing browser and set that site's search to be their browsers "default" search.

Does the phrase "non-downloadable search" sound familiar? Think it was mentioned before...

Now what? Not a toolbar at all...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

No, not new, but now they are:

77,000+ nonprofits are now on-board and 100 more are joining daily!
    .... and gaining traction with networks and heavilly recruiting new merchants.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

I wonder if that is a true number. It seems like any number could be thrown out there by them to make it look more successful than it really is.

Maybe they just added a few more zeros than they really have .. we can hope anyway...
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

i knnow they are not on SAS (not yet) ..not in my program

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I wonder if that is a true number. It seems like any number could be thrown out there by them to make it look more successful than it really is.

Maybe they just added a few more zeros than they really have .. we can hope anyway...
    I don't know...

A local non-profit where Mrs. Beachy and her sister volunteer one afternoon/evening each week signed up a short while ago. It is an animal shelter, city owned, definitely non-profit - and under-budgeted. They recently sent out email and distributed fliers asking local "supporters" to use GoodSearch on their behalf. I just looked at their numbers - showing $48.76 since January - seems about right. Most of that was search, only $12.44 was from "purchases."

I also checked local (city) schools and some, but not all are listed. A local school that I help support (with hosting and a Web site) is not listed - because I have not suggested GoodSearch to the principal. If they get all of the schools in the U.S. to "sign up" that would be an additional 120,000 +/- non-profits. Yikes!

Hmmm...wonder if I could form a non-profit to support my flying habit. My plane is definitely a non profit venture.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks Haiko for the Heads up!!

Removed them from Mondera program
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

remove from the toolbar
    They were in our program before the toolbar was released and put into pending status when they released the toolbar. We declined initially but found out they can exclude you from the toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    A local school that I help support (with hosting and a Web site) is not listed
    They don't need a request or permission to put a Cause on their site if they have their TOS written right. I studied one closely and I think it was igive.

Anyway the gist of it is that they set up as representing their site user and not the cause. In this case the are clear not to represent the cause. They are set up as an agent of the one who accrues the money and pass it to whomever the site user selects.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    They don't need a request or permission to put a Cause on their site if they have their TOS written right. I studied one closely and I think it was igive.

Anyway the gist of it is that they set up as representing their site user and not the cause. In this case the are clear not to represent the cause. They are set up as an agent of the one who accrues the money and pass it to whomever the site user selects.
    Correct I have seen a TOS that stated something like "If your charity is not listed, please enter your charity and we will process your donated amount"

They're all whores - it's NOT about charity, it's simply about their own "Fat Wallet"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrawmix
    They were in our program before the toolbar was released and put into pending status when they released the toolbar. We declined initially but found out they can exclude you from the toolbar.
    Well in that case, SIGN RIGHT UP!!! What program do you run? So I can know what program to run from...

Keeping up with our Parasite-Free policy I've just declined their application and placed them on auto-decline.

Good catch Haiko!

Quote Originally Posted by rawrawmix
    Soooo, does that mean that, even though they are a crook, you'll work with them as long as they don't "steal" from you. If so, that says a lot...about your company.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you for the heads up, Haiko. Thankfully they were placed into pending status with us in CJ when they made the program change, so I was able to decline them quickly. I do regret not noticing the toolbar earlier.

rawrawmix, they were quick to let us know as well that we could be removed from the toolbar, but for us that didn't change the situation.

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    Yes, they just applied last week for our program on CJ. As we don't allow software/toolbar affiliates, they were declined.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

WTG guys!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Soooo, does that mean that, even though they are a crook, you'll work with them as long as they don't "steal" from you. If so, that says a lot...about your company.
    I guess I don't understand . . . if they have taken us off their toolbar, how does that steal commissions from our other affiliates?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast