Bought Domain Seller refusing to transfer
    Hi all

My first posting and unfortunately I need some advice.

Can someone please help. I have just won and auction on e**y for a domain name and payed for it immedeately through Paypal. The seller then ffers me a refund claiming that the domain expired during the course of the auction. I have done a Whois lookup and this reveals that the domain is not due to expire until Oct 2009. (this was actually mentioned in the auction description).
    I have emailed the seller to let him know I have done the whois search and my findings, and it seems he is simply ignoring me now.

My question is although I know I won this at an absolute bargain price, is there any way I can force the seller to go ahead and transfer the domain over to me.

Just from knowing a little about the site you used to buy the domain, the seller can refuse to sell. You should then be able to get your $$ back. Be sure to write a review of this transaction on the auction site. I know you might really want the domain but I think you have no real recourse. Sorry
    Thanks,
    Doug

Thanks Doug

I feared this would be the case, Why would anyone start an auction at 99c with a BIN at $1000 and make a point in his description that "Starting at 99c with no reserve is our loss" then refuse to sell..?

andyfal

I have a close friend who recently found himself in a similar situation.
    It's horrible, but I am not sure there is much you can do.
    Jason
    Jason
    [url=http://www.bhphoto.com/]B&H Photo[/url] :|: [url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/affiliates.jsp]Join Our Affiliate Program[/url] :|: [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2478435]Join on CJ[/URL]
    email: Jasonn at BHphoto.com

That sucks. Shady business on the seller's part.

You probably could file a suit to enforce the auction contract, but as a practical matter you should really just collect your refund, file negative feedback, and make a report to eBay.

There are sleazy operators in every industry. You've just met one of them.

Thanks all

I have sent Wild West Domains all the details as the domain is registered through them. I don't expect I will have any luck but it makes me feel better knowing that the seller may get an email from his registrar. Let's see him ignore them

Whoops

just noticed the domain is registered through Go Daddy pointing to WWest, so I have sent the details to them also.

Quote Originally Posted by andyfal
    Thanks all

I have sent Wild West Domains all the details as the domain is registered through them. I don't expect I will have any luck but it makes me feel better knowing that the seller may get an email from his registrar. Let's see him ignore them
    Unfortunately, WWD is the private label division of Go Daddy - so don't hold your breath too long.

I used to be rather active on a couple of the main domain boards (more post on DNForum than I have here) and got used to hearing eBay horror stories. The seller either had a better offer come along or had second thoughts - realizing that you were getting "too good" of a deal. Usually the no reserve auctions do just fine for good domains, but occasionally the seller will come up short. An ethical seller will take the hit and you would get your domain.

Sorry, but there is an unethiccal contingent there, as there are in affiliate marketing. A'la toolbars and other parasitic activity.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Report them to eBay. It could well be that they never owned the domain in the first place.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I will but unfortunately Ebay do not wish to know of problems until 10 days have elapsed.
    Luckily I did not pay too much for the domain, and the money is not the issue, I really wanted the domain name, (already had ideas for it), but I will forge ahead on other projects and put it down to experience.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    This happens often with cars. People want to attract attention with a NR auction but cant follow through.

Hi everyone,
    GREAT NEWS
    After a few emails backward and forward I have finally persuaded the seller to transfer this domain into my name. I had since checked out his feedback and discovered he had purchased the domain only a few weeks ago for 198. He must have been gutted to let me have it for 3.20.
    Don't suppose he will make a living long buying and selling domains RESULT.

Excellent.. and a blooming bargain to boot!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread