ABW Ambassador
    Ab 27?
    I saw a reference to AB 27 and AB 178 - What's the difference?
    Hi, I'm a signature.

I believe AB27 was the version during the Emergency Session. ABX327 where the X3 refers to the 3 special session. I believe its the same version just number change to reflect session.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/...ntroduced.html
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Good catch, Celicaphile.

AB 27 was introduced in the "third extraordinary session" of the California Assembly, on January 29, 2009.

AB 27 is similar to AB 178, but makes another change (imposing sales-tax collection duties on out-of-state companies which use California residents to service or repair merchandise. In other words, AB 27 would also put repair people out of work, preventing out-of-state companies from hiring in-state companies to handle warranty repairs and thus forcing consumers to ship broken products to other states for warranty service or authorized repair.)

AB 27 has apparently not been referred to any committee nor scheduled for any hearings.

I frankly don't understand why there are three "extraordinary sessions" concurrent with the regular legislative session. I suspect that it provides "more bites at the apple" (more opportunities for legislators to play games and slip through laws without a fair hearing, and of course more opportunities for legislators to earn per-diem fees and such).
    Last edited by markwelch; March 18th, 2009 at 04:30 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I frankly don't understand why there are three "extraordinary sessions" concurrent with the regular legislative session.
    All were called by der gropenfuhrer to address the budget crises and other "pressing" economic issues, for example:
    A PROCLAMATION BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
    WHEREAS an extraordinary occasion has arisen and now exists requiring that the legislature of the State of California be convened in extraordinary session.
    NOW THEREFORE, I, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, Governor of the State of California, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me in by Section 3(b) Article IV of the Constitution of the State of California, do hereby convene the Legislature of the State of California to meet in extraordinary
    session at Sacramento, California on the 1st day of December 2008, at a time to be determined, for the following purpose and to legislate upon the following subjects:
    1. To consider and act upon legislation to address the economy, including but not limited to efforts to stimulate California’s economy and create and retain jobs.
    2. To consider and act upon legislation to address the housing mortgage crisis.
    3. To consider and act upon legislation to address the solvency of the Unemployment Insurance Fund.
    4. To consider and act upon legislation to address inefficiencies in state and local governments and to streamline state and local government operations.
    IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and causedthe Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 1st day of December, 2008.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Source
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, thanks! I was confused when I looked up AB27 and saw that it had to do w/ arson...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread