Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    CJ Needs a BIG Improvement in Datafeed Management
    This emailing CJ back and forth asking for datafeeds is such a waste of time. Why can't you setup a datafeed selection tool on the CJ interface for affiliates that allows us to add/remove datafeeds that we want.

The Google Aff Network has a tool like this and it sure does make datafeed management much easier.

Agreed. And the delivery of the feeds has been pretty spotty lately. I'm set up for daily delivery and have to send them a note each time they don't come as scheduled.

ABW Ambassador
    well..all nets here in US should be looking at their competitors across the atlantic...or even in the european ones which crossed the atlantic like webgains affiliatefuture zanox and buy.at thats what i call "service datafeedwise"

Agreed - my UK networks have feeds I can administer as I see fit whenever I want, CJ is in the dark ages.

The Google Aff Network has a tool like this and it sure does make datafeed management much easier.
    Agreed but I am having better luck integrating the actual feeds with CJ. Those GAN feeds are giving me fits with the tab delimited file and fields containing arrays. 83 separate fields is a little extreme to me.

FYI, if you haven't seen it, the new LinkShare interface also has a UI for managing the delivery of your own feeds. CJ is behind on this one.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    Yes this is a bit of a joke having to make a support request when a datafeed is required as all other networks offer much more instant access but I have to credit the CJ staff as always cooperative with any requests. The other annoying thing is they don't have much in the way of standards compared to a well managed network like Avantlink. For example I requested datafeeds from a couple of merchants recently but many of the products are out of stock or lead to dead pages and images. I wrote to the merchants and I also got CJ to as well but the merchant has completely ignored our requests and have not bothered to reply or update the datafeeds, it is now about 2 months since. The merchants are "Performance Bike" and "Nashbar" who I understand are managed by the same.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Got an email 2 weeks ago from my account manager about beta testing a new interface for feed management. Here's what they said:

"Itís basically going to be an interface that you can use yourself to set up your own product catalogs and make changes when you want. "

I have been complaining to them for months about this, since the feeds don't get updated every day.. sometimes I don't see a new zip file for weeks. I am pulling the whole catalog so I don't have to email them every time a new merchant gets added.. Total waste of bandwidth.. especially since the whole catalog is like 5GB. Hopefully this new interface will solve all the problems they are having. Crossing my fingers...

Still waiting for access to the new interface, so I can test it. I will let you guys know how it goes.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by phreak$how
    Itís basically going to be an interface that you can use yourself to set up your own product catalogs and make changes when you want.
    sounds good!!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We are interested in adding more datafeeds to the networks but are having trouble justifying the tech time. Am going through CJ and GAN to see what kind of reporting we can get. Our goal is to identify the affiliates to see what they need and show sales from the effort. We have one client on LS but have to make a business case to get a datafeed created as their tech resources are booked.

My other project is to find out how to locate datafeed affiliates, any suggestions are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    My other project is to find out how to locate datafeed affiliates, any suggestions are appreciated.
    I'm guessing that by datafeed affiliate you mean anyone who uses Popshops, Goldencan, Cusimano, or right their own scripts.

You could ask when you send mailings on your programs. Datafeed affiliates are always looking for those hard to find good feeds.

John actually I consider that to be a different class of affiliate completely. I am looking for ways to engage and motivate affiliates that specialize in datafeeds. The GoldenCAN and Popshop affiliates are not showing any volume of sales at least on my feeds. There in lies the part of the problem that I can not judge sales being made through those channels.

Chuck - We have a section on our Affiliate Page (a microsite) that's dedicated to the feed. It includes a sample feed, details on what the feed contains, and how publishers can get it. It's been beneficial, as publishers can see the feed beforehand and (usually for us) see that the feed includes everything they need for a simple integration. Letting publishers see this should encourage them to use the feed.

In a newsletter, you can always let your publishers know conversion rates (the feed is probably better than generic links) and boast the organic value of having your content on their site.
    Last edited by andrewgraf; March 30th, 2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Edited to not sound like a promo

Andrew, good idea on putting a datafeed on our affiliate pitch page. Gives the affiliate an idea of how it will look.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread